I just got my Betta!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Ay1a, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Ay1aValued MemberMember

I just got my Betta! It's a male... I'm not sure what kind though. I'll take some pictures in a minute. :p I feed him 2 blood worms and he just jumped straight for them... he's exploring his big tank... Not really any decoration/plants in there for him yet but I'll be getting some very soon hopefully... want to get some plants for him! :D I'm super happy.

He's redish/blueish with a long wavy tail. :p I'll get some pictures soon

2. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Congrats I cant wait to see him. Does he have a name yet?

3. OP
    OP
    A

Ay1aValued MemberMember

No name yet, trying to work my dads camera so I can figure out how to make the pictures not so blurry when I take them.
    He's swimming around actively right now just looking at his bridge and is hanging by the filter. :p

4. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

I know how you feel about blurry pictures....I'll take a dozen and end up with like two good ones...lol

5. Flyfrod

FlyfrodValued MemberMember

Can't wait to see pics. Congrats!!

6. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning!

Congrats on the new Betta! Will be looking forward to your photos!
    Ken

7. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Oooh, can't wait for your pics!

8. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Congratulations! Can't wait for pics!

9. ppate1977

ppate1977Well Known MemberMember

Great to hear.

10. peacemaker92

peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

Did I hear pics? You came here to tell us about your good news without any of em'?? :nono:

haha just kidding! Keep us posted on the photos! Can't wait! :D Congrats!

11. uprightandlockedWell Known MemberMember

Congratulations! Enjoy getting to know each other, they are so loveable!

12. CharlemagneValued MemberMember

Oh good! I'm so glad you got him! Can't wait to see pics! Betta shopping is always fun :D

13. OP
    OP
    A

Ay1aValued MemberMember

Sorry for the wait, trying to get him to come out from hiding from under a little bridge... sorry for the awful quality the camera is bad. :p
    But once I feed him tonight I'll get some more pictures of him out.

Attached Files:

14. OP
    OP
    A

Ay1aValued MemberMember

Here's two more that look kind of better.

Attached Files:

15. MaddieLynn

MaddieLynnWell Known MemberMember

He's a veiltail betta. His coloring looks like a mustard gas to me. They're my favorite kind!

16. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

What a little beauty! Is he navy blue with orange fins? I know sometimes bettas look a lot different in pics than in real life, lol.

Congrats to you! ;D

17. GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

Congrats on your new betta! They are great little fish, thanks for sharing some pictures.

18. OP
    OP
    A

Ay1aValued MemberMember

Hey everyone again, sorry of I'm hijacking my thread but just wanted to ask something. My Betta is hiding and just sitting under his bridge and sort of dug a hole under it and is sitting in there. Is this normal behavior for a fish that was just introduced to a new home?

Just kind of worried, my water parameters are pretty much the same with the exception of nitrates which are down a lot.

And to Harupa2002, I would call him more of a dark blueish color that fades to red on his tail, it looks very pretty.

19. ppate1977

ppate1977Well Known MemberMember

I wouldn't be too worried. Betta will often be shy for a day or two. He will come out soon and get to know ya.

20. OP
    OP
    A

Ay1aValued MemberMember

Okay thanks. :p I'm just a little concerned about his shyness but hopefully he'll be more active around me soon. XD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice