I informed someone!!

cajunfiberco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
On Flickr, a contact of mine has a goldfish in a 1.5 gallon tank and a betta (gorgeous!) in one of those betta tank things. I pointed her here and gave her some basic info and she was open to it! So yeah, I'm a little proud and thrilled that she was very open to correct info.

It's so sad that fish, but goldfish and bettas especially, are so misunderstood and ill-cared for because of it. I just wish pet stores and the like would use the correct info to pass around

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Good Job Cajunfiberco!

Yeah i hate when pet stores give bad advice. But when it come to the point where they dont care about the fish they just want to make a sale That what bugs me

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yay, cajun!! At least she seemed receptive and hopefully the goldfish and the betta are on their way to bigger homes!

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What's sad is that in a lot of cases that I've seen, the pet store employees honestly don't know better than what they've been told by the company (i.e.-bettas do better in small, less than 1gal tanks, goldfish are fine in goldfish bowls, that sort of thing). I have a friend who currently has a 5.5gal tank set up with one male CT betta. When she bought the tank several years ago, the people at Petco sold her three goldfish, two guppies and a tiny common pleco. She was told she could just stick the fish in the tank with no cycling or anything (typical pet store information) and they'd be fine. When she returned all six fish dead a week and a half later, the Petco employees were *genuinely* surprised that the fish hadn't made it, even though she had done exactly what they told her to. Now she knows better than to listen to pet store employees and whenever we see a fish improperly cared for on TV or for sale on Craigslist, she actually gets rather upset by it.

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well done! I know, it's really sad indeed. A lot of people have been either taught or showed pictures or videos of Goldfish and bettas being kept in bowls and sooo small tanks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom