I hope this is the last move for a looong while!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well, been a while, but I'm moved! Again. I hope this place is sane enough that I can stay a while. I'm way far from everything now. Ok, maybe not that bad, but it feels like it after 20 minutes solid of mountain driving! The move was hellish and though I tried to keep things as low-stress on my pets as possible I fear the plants in my tanks did not fare so well. The lack of light and heat because of not having any place to set them up right away has taken its toll. I suppose the sloshing around at the roots because of the curves in the road didn't help either. Some of them may survive but it may come down to just starting over again. Which is fine because I scored another 2 Spec Vs! Everybody's getting an upgrade

It doesn't help that my roommate feels he gets to decide where the tanks go, or don't go. I think they're fantastic on the back of the kitchen counters. For one thing they're nice and narrow so they don't take up the actual workspace and for another they provide much needed under-cabinet lighting! Only Rasputin is back in his tank and my roommate is obsessing over getting his tank moved off the counter. If he keeps it up he may find himself getting moved instead...

Anywho, I'm back, sort of, still working on getting settled in and finding my stuff, but at least I know where the fish food is!

SnyperTodd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ugh, roomates... I tried that once, in college. It didn't take long for me to kick him out. I had to work 3 part time jobs while attending school full time to keep that apartment by myself ($650/month back in 2000), but it was worth it. Hope your roommate relaxes a little bit as you get settled in.

OP
Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ugh, roomates... I tried that once, in college. It didn't take long for me to kick him out. I had to work 3 part time jobs while attending school full time to keep that apartment by myself ($650/month back in 2000), but it was worth it. Hope your roommate relaxes a little bit as you get settled in.
He won't! If anything he gets worse, but as there's been so much upset in the last year and a half with wacky landlords (why didn't we have any problems before?) I kind of need to have a roommate just to pay the bills. Moving is not cheap, especially over the kinds of distances we've been travelling. So for a little while I still have to put up with him!

Hope it gets better! How many tanks are in the apartment?
How many tanks? Or how many tanks in use? Seriously, I have 6 bettas so 6 tanks, most around 5 gallons. I am upgrading them as I go though so when the new tanks are up and running I'll have 4 x Spec V's, 1 x Petco 6.6 gallon bookshelf tank, and 1 x Fluval Flora 7.9 gallon. In total however there are 10 tanks, no wait, make that 12 if you count the quarantine tanks (1 gallon), but I'll be getting rid of the extras. No really, I will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom