I have to leave town in a pinch..help

philly27

i have to leave town in just over 48 hours. not to bore you guys but i have to leave town on Wednesday for several days and this was not planned. i will be able to feed my 4 active tanks twice on Wednesday. ill be gone all day Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and most of the day Monday as i come back around 10/11 pm. so its around 4.5 full days of no feed for my fish. most of my fish are juveniles so thats where my concerns lay with. im kind of worried. any insights or thoughts will be greatly appreciated. thank you

FishPlanet

i have to leave town in just over 48 hours. not to bore you guys but i have to leave town on Wednesday for several days and this was not planned. i will be able to feed my 4 active tanks twice on Wednesday. ill be gone all day Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and most of the day Monday as i come back around 10/11 pm. so its around 4.5 full days of no feed for my fish. most of my fish are juveniles so thats where my concerns lay with. im kind of worried. any insights or thoughts will be greatly appreciated. thank you
When I did not care about my fish as I do now, I used to feed them 1x a week. :(

LowConductivity

If you’ve got new free swimmer type juvies, you’ll probably need to find someone to splash bbs in there daily for you. If they are more mature, 5 days shouldn’t be an issue

mattgirl

From everything I've read fish can go this long without food. Go, do what you need to do and I feel sure your fish will be fine until you get back to feed them. Don't go over board on feeding them before you leave or when you get back. Just feed them the normal amount.

coralbandit

As long as the juvis are not young fry like 2-3 weeks they should be fine while you are gone .
Don't over feed before you go .

philly27

thanks everybody for calming my nerves

philly27

so i got home late last night. i was freaking out as there was numerous tornado and thunderstorm warnings while i was gone. BUT, everything was okay and all the my fish and snails survived. I will say that all the fish (outside of the schooling fish) didnt eat well when i got back. its like it didnt interest them at all. that was kinda weird.. but when i woke up 3 hours later for work they all ate great. any idea why that was?

mattgirl

so i got home late last night. i was freaking out as there was numerous tornado and thunderstorm warnings while i was gone. BUT, everything was okay and all the my fish and snails survived. I will say that all the fish (outside of the schooling fish) didnt eat well when i got back. its like it didnt interest them at all. that was kinda weird.. but when i woke up 3 hours later for work they all ate great. any idea why that was?
I am happy to hear that all the water pets are alright. It could be you tried to feed them while they were in rest mode.

philly27

I am happy to hear that all the water pets are alright. It could be you tried to feed them while they were in rest mode.
i appreciate it that :) i was anxious the whole time i was gone as i had no time to prepare a friend to take care of everything.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
wtusa1783
Replies
Views
StarGirl
  • Question
  • bettaf1sh 7789
  • Reptile
Replies