I have some questions .... - Page 2

OP
D

divakeeks

Reaction score
I certainly don't mind you answering!

I have one light on a timer so when it goes off I turn off the other.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have all my tank lights on timers so they come on and go off at the same times every day.  It is important that they have a schedule.  It is also important that they get about 10 to 12 hours of light to help their immune systems.  But you don't want them getting more than 12 hours of light or you will develop an algae problem more easily.

Thanks for the compliments.  I do love my fish, but in truth I have never seen a Betta I did not fall head over heels in love with.  I am just nuts for them.  

Rose

OP
D

divakeeks

Reaction score
I agree! I find something I like in every betta I see! I do love the colors but I just saw a white one on Ebay that was gorgeous as well!!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
AHA! You have the addiction now too. It is spreading fast! LOL

Rose

OP
D

divakeeks

Reaction score
Guilty as charged! ;D

Quick question ... on doing water changes while the fish are in the tank can you still add the water conditioner with them in their? I have some "bowl buddies" fizz tabs and it says to wait for the tab to completely dissolve before "placing fish back in". I also have some conditioner drops. would those be safe while they are in the water?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Put the fizzy tablet in the water in a container and let it fizz to pieces before you add it to the tank, that way it will already be in the water and already dissolved. The drops should also be put in the water before it is poured into the tank. I mix my water in a clean bucket that I bought for that purpose and do not use for anything else. That way I can put any chemicals in that I need to and it is all ready for the tank before the fish are in contact with it.

That should take care of any mixing difficulties. I have never used the fizzy tablets. My water is treated with Amquel+ and StressCoat and vitamins. (my fish get daily vitamins - not recommending just stating.)

Rose

New Threads