I have some of these now

TheDon
yea.. about.. 12.... my friend was like. Do you want some fish to cycle your tank with. So I agreed... I don't like and hope I can get rid of the ones that survive.. except the albino ones.. those look cool

Chief_waterchanger
Are you saying you are going to get rid of any of them that survive the cycling of the tank aside from the albinos?

Butterfly
How are you going to get rid of them?
Carol

TheDon
probably give them back...

although there is nothing in the tank they seem to like exploring and pairing off into little craters I made in the sand for them... I kinda like them but not all of them

Chief_waterchanger
I kinda thought you were gonna just toss em. But giving them back is a good thing, specially if you can't provide large enough tanks for them.

TheDon
nah.. flushing a perfectly good fish is not right

Allie
nah.. flushing a perfectly good fish is not right
Unless it's already dead.

Allie
yea.. about.. 12.... my friend was like. Do you want some fish to cycle your tank with. So I agreed... I don't like and hope I can get rid of the ones that survive.. except the albino ones.. those look cool
The albino are less aggressive too. As soon as pair forms you may have to move them else where....they will take over the tank. lol

TheDon
day 3 with the fish in the tank and no one has dropped off yet.. I really wish I didnt go with sand substrate now.. it looks great but the fish poo from 12 of those suckers likes to collect in one spot...

I bought some kitten food (40% crude protein) on the advice of my friend... I need to crush it up a lot better than what I did earlier

TheDon
other than the fact that the poo and uneaten food likes to settle in one spot these fish are pretty neat

they dug holes and other craters in the sand and have already paired off... one pair collapsed a pile of rocks I had for them to hang out around but now it created more little crevices for them to live in. I really need a siphon to collect all of the gunk.. I was thinking of just putting a fitting on the intake of the filter and using that to suck up the gunk

my pleco is getting used to the cichlids.. venturing out at night to clean off the rocks and scavenge for scraps.. I need to get him a cucumber this week

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AZCICHLIDZ
Replies
Views
BlueSubmarine
Top Bottom