I have some new little friends in one of my tanks :)

1. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

So at work tonight we had two different people bring in tiny little fry and they just gave them to us. I felt so bad because when they were floating the other fish were trying to eat them through the bag so naturally I begged my manager to let me take them home until they were big enough to not get eaten. I really don't think he wants them back but I really don't want 40 more fish.....

There's about 30 guppys. They were actually born in the bag. There were other fry (larger like half sized mollies) and three adult female guppies well 5 min later there were tons of little baby guppies. I left the bigger mollies and the adults and took the baby guppies home. Then there was also a random very small platy baby. I'm assuming it was in there before but I have no idea. It's random and cute I may keep that one. :D

Then another couple brought in a red solo cup with about 5 gold dust molly babies that were born today, that's all they could find.

I finally set back up my extra 10 gallon. Took the sponge from my cycled betta tank and shoved it over the intake. I have it bare bottom with 4 suction cup plants on the bottom and then two larger reptile plants suction cuped to the back of the tank. They have plenty of space to hide. I'm hoping to get them eating by tomorrow.

:D Pictures will come soon.

2. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Oh wow! Thats some heavy duty baby fish sitting youre doing! I cant wait for pics!

3. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Well I can always keep some if I decide to. I just couldn't stand playing god and dumping them to their death.

4. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

I don't blame you. I would have done the same thing! :)

5. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Good news! I got them to eat already! Or well a couple of them. I wanted to put one of those algae sheets in my other tank so I tore off a corner and put it in the baby tank. A couple of them are already all over it!

This is good because I was freaking out about how they're going to get fed when I'm gone next week.

6. matt6765 Well Known Member Member

That's great! I can't wait for the pictures!

7. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Aww, that's sweet :)

8. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

that was very kind of you, now you just need to find more homes for them all haha.

Happy mothering!

9. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Thanks, and photos will come as soon as I get back home. I flew out to visit my boyfriend in washington for spring break. I left them some food and will be back next weekend.

I plan on keeping 1-2 of the mollies and the platy. I may keep all of the mollies. As for the guppies if I can't find them homes they will just go back to the LFS I work at and be sold there. I bet I can find 90% of them homes tho.