I have no idea what fish I should stock in my other 40g breeder tank

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have no idea what fish I should stock in my other 40g breeder tank. I was thinking about moving most of my fish to the 40g(after done cycling) and put angels in the 60g since it has been established longer. What kind of fish do you think I should stock in the 40 if I don't move my other fish there? I would love opinions from everyone, so I can have options.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum. What do you have in the 60 gal and what kind of fish do you like?. Are there fish in the fish store that you really like but don't have? Alison

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have only seen them on line. I assume the tank Is the 40 Gal long? Alison

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No it's a 40g breeder tank. It's bigger instead of taller

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They also go by the name tall or long, the long is also called a breeder tank. That's great because it gives the fish more room to swim and you can stock more fish in it. The goldfish that you have needs cooler water than the tropical fish that you keep, and it will outgrow your tank. They are comets and get huge and are better suited to a goldfish pond. One option would be to put the fish you have now in the 40 and start from scratch on the 60. You still need to come up with some fish that you want to build your stock around. For instance my 30 will have one koi angelfish, 2 female bn plecos, a school of cherry barbs and a school of harlequin rasboras, nerite snails, and 3 cory cats. I am combining two tanks with fish I already have into one tank. also I plan on some amano shrimp. My 20 gal is my tetra tank which has neon tetras, ember tetras, glowlight tetras and one male Albino BN pleco and when I find them some of the striped Kuhli loachs and some nerite snails. Alison

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I like that idea. I am thinking about adding a bristle nose pleco or a clown pleco. Which one would you think is better? I have 2 filters in the 60. A sponge filter and the hang on filter.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have three BN plecos . my favorite fish. One Grown male albino BN pleco with a snout full of bristles named Lucky, A female L144 Blue eyed lemon BN pleco named Buttercup, and a female Blue eyed yellow ancistrus BN pleco named Bella. They are less nocturnal then the clowns and are out and about a good part of the day. Because all of them are either yellow or a golden yellow they stick out like sore thumbs and don't blend in to the background. In case you haven't guessed they are my favorite. Pet Smart sells the longfinned BN plecos for a few dollars. Alison

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have three BN plecos . my favorite fish. One Grown male albino BN pleco with a snout full of bristles named Lucky, A female L144 Blue eyed lemon BN pleco named Buttercup, and a female Blue eyed yellow ancistrus BN pleco named Bella. They are less nocturnal then the clowns and are out and about a good part of the day. Because all of them are either yellow or a golden yellow they stick out like sore thumbs and don't blend in to the background. In case you haven't guessed they are my favorite. Pet Smart sells the longfinned BN plecos for a few dollars. Alison
For some reason my baby bn pleco is missing :/ maybe in a cave, but he was hiding under the sponge filter so

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They can hide quite well, look in the filter if you have a hang on the back type filter, look in any caves, under driftwood behind the heater. Hope you find him. Alison

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom