I HAVE MY FIRST FISH!!!!!!!!!! What a buzz!!!

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I now have my first fish!!!!! I am sooooo excited! Have Cherry Barbs, fish store have been fab ( i am so lucky to have great guys to turn to!) i have been cycling tank for what feels like 2 years! They are very sweet and a joy to watch. Am praying that they will all live, all appear great up to now! Any advice etc MORE than welcome xx Miche

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
cherry barbs are definately a fun fish to have. and they get along with just about every other kind of fish

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
thanks Matt. I am like a kid in a sweet shop at the mo, staring into the tank!!! they are funny to watch, what to get next!!??? ( when time right!!) any ideas?

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
since they don't grow very large, its best not to mix them with anything large enough to eat them, but cherry barbs get along with so many different species, basically your limited to anything that can't eat them, i've got mine in with platies, tetras , oto cat, and a red tail shark, and the shark doesn't bother the barbs at all, hes more interested in the male platy, but wait at least a week to add more fish, let your tank adjust to increased bio load from your new barbs first, then add more

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yeah, will give my new little mates time to adjust. I'm just so happy to have them here! Aren,t these little guys a buzz!!

JMatt1983

Valued Member
Reaction score
yes they are, when i got mine, i was surprised at just how a swimmer they are

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i love red tailed sharks! i thought they were too big for a 10 gallon tank! mine is a 7.5 gallon one,definate beginners tank. would love RTsharks ifs space etc said ok. i have found my next tank to buy ( only just starting this one!!) something tells me this could get out of hand and cost me alot!!!! hope not! pony already using all my cash!!!!

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Tazmiche said:
i love red tailed sharks! i thought they were too big for a 10 gallon tank! mine is a 7.5 gallon one,definate beginners tank. would love RTsharks ifs space etc said ok. i have found my next tank to buy ( only just starting this one!!) something tells me this could get out of hand and cost me alot!!!! hope not! pony already using all my cash!!!!
Yep, the sharks got too big for a 10 gal. tank. You should wait until you get a much larger tank before getting a shark. I'd suggest getting at least a 55 gallon for one.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Congrats on your new fishies I am happy for you I love cherry barbs!

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats! Cherry Barbs are very peaceful and fun fish to have!

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I was nervous going to the tank this morn in case any had died but all still zooming around. They look like they are wearing lipstick and blusher!!I've recently moved back in with my parents( ex got custody of goldfish!!!!) and my mum is more excited than me over our little barbs! May have to buy her a tank for xmas, good excuse to expand!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom