I have cory babies

plecodragon
I have a new panda cory baby, so very cute.
My corydora dulicareus have given me more than one batch of fry-have seen 2 month+old fry and some newly hatched fry within the last few days. They look nothing like the adults. So hard to see them in a fully planted tank with sand- the dup fry are the same color as my play sand. I didn't even realize that they were breeding-so big big surprise.I actually did a happy dance.
They are a fairly rare cory- you never see them in an average LFS or if you do they are $30 each. So here is to happy cories breeding.

Advertisement
SBadis
Grats on babies.

Advertisement
glo
Congrats! I just noticed 2 Bronze cory fry a few days ago. I thought all the eggs had been eaten, but at least 2 escaped. Put a smile on my face, for sure!

endlercollector
Awww! Photos, please!

plecodragon
Sorry no pics, they are so tiny and my camera is horrible when trying to do anything closeup. It is like where's Waldo, only where is baby fish, so much sand and only luck found them today instead of discovering them when they are just about adult.

DoubleDutch
Great, congrats !!! Nice species to breed I think!!

_Fried_Bettas_
Thank is so cool. I have heard that corys are reasonably hard to breed unless everything is set up right. I have never had cories in an environment where other fish wouldn't poach eggs and fry, but I love the little guys. But I don't need to get any ideas about breeding any other fish species.

plecodragon
Having dedicated cory only tanks helps with the egg survival a little, the adults still seem to eat them, or maybe it is the non breeding cories that are the ones having the snack if they find them. Having fully or mostly planted tanks help, but then you don't realize that they have bred until you happen to see fry.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Coradee
Replies
Views
Huckleberry77
  • Question
Replies
Views
ayeayeron
Replies