I Have Carbon Filters But Am Looking For A Sponge Filter. Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by KelseyD2000, Apr 15, 2019.

1. KelseyD2000New MemberMember

So I have adjustable Topfin and Whisper IQ filters respectively in my 10g and 5.5g, my Plakat is fine in the 10g but I am looking to switch the Whisper to a sponge filter because my Halfmoon still has difficulty with the flow. My question is where can I buy a sponge filter? I went to PetSmart and Feeder's Supply and they didn't even know what I was talking about and they didn't carry them either when I looked for myself. I've seen some on Amazon but I don't know how reliable those are and was hoping for some suggestions.

2. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I think the ones on amazon are fine, mine are originally from there which I bought separately from another seller somewhere else, they have a variety of sizes depending on what you are looking for.

3. KelseyD2000New MemberMember

Thanks I'll check it out a little more, I'm just never sure about some of the things on Amazon I've gotten some pretty shotty quality stuff from them before

4. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Remember, it's not directly amazon's fault for the quality of a product, it may be the individual seller you are buying from, but many others have had packaging errors from them.

5. Mike406New MemberMember

Find your local aquarist club which usually have a swap meets selling fish and aquarium suppliesThey will very likely being selling new sponge filters at a far lower price than any pet store I have even bought used sponge filters from hobbyists which are even cheaper than new