Question I Have Carbon Filters But Am Looking For A Sponge Filter.

KelseyD2000

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So I have adjustable Topfin and Whisper IQ filters respectively in my 10 gallon and 5.5g, my Plakat is fine in the 10 gallon but I am looking to switch the Whisper to a sponge filter because my Halfmoon still has difficulty with the flow. My question is where can I buy a sponge filter? I went to PetSmart and Feeder's Supply and they didn't even know what I was talking about and they didn't carry them either when I looked for myself. I've seen some on Amazon but I don't know how reliable those are and was hoping for some suggestions.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I think the ones on amazon are fine, mine are originally from there which I bought separately from another seller somewhere else, they have a variety of sizes depending on what you are looking for.

OP
KelseyD2000

KelseyD2000

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fanatic said:
I think the ones on amazon are fine, mine are originally from there which I bought separately from another seller somewhere else, they have a variety of sizes depending on what you are looking for.
Thanks I'll check it out a little more, I'm just never sure about some of the things on Amazon I've gotten some pretty shotty quality stuff from them before

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
KelseyD2000 said:
Thanks I'll check it out a little more, I'm just never sure about some of the things on Amazon I've gotten some pretty shotty quality stuff from them before
Remember, it's not directly amazon's fault for the quality of a product, it may be the individual seller you are buying from, but many others have had packaging errors from them.

Mike406

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
KelseyD2000 said:
So I have adjustable Topfin and Whisper IQ filters respectively in my 10 gallon and 5.5g, my Plakat is fine in the 10 gallon but I am looking to switch the Whisper to a sponge filter because my Halfmoon still has difficulty with the flow. My question is where can I buy a sponge filter? I went to PetSmart and Feeder's Supply and they didn't even know what I was talking about and they didn't carry them either when I looked for myself. I've seen some on Amazon but I don't know how reliable those are and was hoping for some suggestions.
Find your local aquarist club which usually have a swap meets selling fish and aquarium suppliesThey will very likely being selling new sponge filters at a far lower price than any pet store I have even bought used sponge filters from hobbyists which are even cheaper than new

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom