I. Have. A Tracking Number!!! | Page 3

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Red1313, Mar 16, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

I'm still not sure which side was which. If the label is the top then the heat pack was on the back of the box. However it was also outside the sytrofoam insulating box so I don't know if it helped at all. The styrofoam near the heat pack was still a little bit warm but the pack itself was spent. Thinking on it it was probably on the bottom of the box far corner from the angle of this picture.

Attached Files:

2. Martinismommy

MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

What is the low temps where you are? Outside of the styrofoam? Now what good does that do? lol

3. OP
    OP
    Red1313

We're abnormally warm right now, in the city here pretty much all the snow is gone and we've had melting temperatures every day this week (last week too I think) It's freezing at night but most people are out in just sweaters and light jackets, parka's have been packed up. Usually we'd be waiting on one last good snow storm though. I'll look on Google and see what the norm would be...

4. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79Well Known MemberMember

those are some awesome looking kids you got there Red!! Congrats!!

5. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Thanks Critter :D

Speaking of the kids...

Here's the Blue Marble Boy

P.S. <SHREEIK THE ONTARIO KIDS FINALLY MADE IT!>

Attached Files:

6. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Awesome! Can't wait to see them at home and all colored up!

7. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Ok so I stand corrected... Hung had a heat pack inside the box (I missed it whoops) it was tucked up against the side of the Styrofoam and is still giving off some heat. (only reason I found it). I took some quick picks of the Ontario kids, I don't think they were as well insulated since they're alot colder then the Thai kids were (heat pack was on the bottom) then I packed everyone into the Ontario box with all three heat packs. I'm going to head back over to the basement and get everyone settled in now :D
    Wish me luck :p I'll return with pictures after lol.

Edit: Thanks :D

8. Charlemagne

CharlemagneValued MemberMember

You have some beautiful new guys there! Best of luck, and can't wait for pics!

9. Morgan111

Morgan111Well Known MemberMember

hope all make it in excellent shape

10. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

They are beautiful, Red! congratulations! So glad they made it safely.

11. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Thanks guys :D
    Here's the Red female and the only boy so far with a name :p He's Draco (as in dragon not malfoy :p)

Attached Files:

12. Martinismommy

MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

Who did the red female come from? She is excellent! How many did you get? I thought you only had 3 coming in...

13. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Here's the last of the Thai kids :p

I did snap some pictures of the Onatrio kids but both females had "paled out" on me due to stress so didn't photograph well. I'll definetly try for some better pictures of them later.

Attached Files:

14. OP
    OP
    Red1313

The red female is from Kaimook15 (I asked what you thought of her on one of my many other threads but you must not have seen it :p ) Other then her I have the green female and I picked up the male from the same breeder. In total I have 3 Males and 2 Females that came from Thailand.
    The Ontario breeder that I bought the RoseTail pair from sent a free unrelated lavender female as a bonus as well. I thought she was going to send a solid lavender girl but she appears to be cambodian lavender instead. She's the only one I have a good history for and her "great grandfather" was a lavender BF DT. Grandfather was a gorgeous lavender BF as well (breeder sent pics of them) I'm thinking of pairing her with the marble male but she has some growing to do first.

15. click

clickWell Known MemberMember

Darn...too bad I didn't see this post a bit sooner. Mississauga is not that far from me (25 min drive). I could have picked those kids up and send you some pics :giggle:

Anyway,congrats on the bettas, they are stunning. Can't wait to see them in their tanks.

16. OP
    OP
    Red1313

good for me then that you didn't :p

I'm afraid that their tanks aren't the prettiest :p
    I priced out getting each of them their own tank and heater but in the end the setup I have isn't as pretty but they're all heated, separated. Which is good because they're all in QT till May :p
    Daily water changes for me and lots of one on one time for them until after finals when I've figured out how I want my barrack/breeding set up set up :p
    They're actually alot easier to see than it seems in the picture, any future pictures of them though will have to wait till I've got the picture tank all set up.

Attached Files:

17. click

clickWell Known MemberMember

Actually, that's a neat and smart set-up. I love it. ..water containers in water...easy to keep the temperature even with just one heater.

+1 on the idea. Need help with the water changes? :animal0028:

Oh, now you need to start working on their names...good luck with that:giggle:

18. MissMTS

MissMTSFishlore VIPMember

Wow Red, your new kids are gorgeous! I love that marble boy! I like the way you have them set up right now. It seems very functional. Good luck with them :)

19. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Gorgeous fish Red, well worth the wait (I got pulled into a meeting 9 mins before you posted the first pics yesterday! GUTTED I missed them before I headed home).

You're lucky you went for the name Draco, I just used Draconis for my new CT boy!!!

20. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79Well Known MemberMember

Awesome Red! I started using totes for tanks about 6 months ago, but had to stop when my stock numbers got too high for me to be able to afford getting everyone their own tank...I couldn't seperate them right! It seemed like no matter how carefully i cut the dividers, there were always gaps in the sides..I love your seperating idea!!!