I. Have. A Tracking Number!!! | Page 2

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Red1313, Mar 16, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Shhh... they're not technically "supposed" to ship live animals :p

2. Martinismommy

MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

Red, are you saying the USPS is not allowed to ship live fish? My PO knows exactly what's in the box and so does UPS when I use them....

BTW, I'm excited for you right now!

3. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Thanks MM :D

I know that when I contacted FedEx, and UPS when I was looking to import the PK boy from you last march that they actually aren't allowed to. Canada Post didn't say know but they were rather confused about it at the same time.

FedEx has negotiated the obstacle course at the depot and is now out and running on the final stretch! The Thailand kids are out on the streets of Saskatoon now!!! OMG OMG OMG! <Excited happy dance!>

4. Martinismommy

UPS told me they ship lives but not endangered species...Maybe it's different in Canada...

Hurry hurry hurry PO man lol

5. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Could be or my guy may have had the info wrong :p
    I know that DHL ships live fish out. :p

I'm jumping up to the window every time I hear car brakes rofl

6. Amanda

AmandaFishlore VIPMember

I'm so excited for you!!
    Can't wait for pics!

7. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Thanks amanda!
    I shall drown you all in pictures... partially because I have to wait at the old apartment until the Canada Post shipment shows up and so will have nothing better to do :p

8. OP
    OP
    Red1313

THE FEDEX KIDS ARE HERE!!!!

<runs off screaming>

9. Martinismommy

Yippee! Now hurry up and box the red by and send him to CA lol

10. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Ok so I've taken pics and (kinda) calmed down :p
    Canada post just updated and apparently they're been on the truck here in Saskatoon and out for delivery since 10:21... but it's only 9:45 am :p Either way they should be here soon and and can take all the new kids home and get them settled into their new homes. :D

I should be fine to leave the Thai kinds in their bags till Canada Post shows up right?

11. OP
    OP
    Red1313

How about one of his sons instead :p I'm sure you could wait a few months lol

12. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

YAY Red, I've been waiting for someone to arrive, looks good so far, I'll be anxiously waiting for pics. Now remember I'm here in UK, so if you leave it too long I'll be in my bed :'( .

Haha only kidding, for your sanity, I hope the Canada Post kids are here soon and you FINALLY get them settled in. I say "For your sanity" because if you get too excited, I am no good at psychiatry to help you calm down and reclaim your senses! All I can offer is "Breathe, red, breathe" ROFL

13. OP
    OP
    Red1313

ROFL It's a good thing I haven't had caffiene yet today because otherwise I'd be in serious trouble the way my heart is racing :p

Don't worry TigerFishy I'm resizing the first of the pics right now (ok so what a good sign that I'm an addict :p) bit distracted because I keep wanting to go over and stare at them so be patient :p

14. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

I definitely would. Whatever CO2 is dissolved in that water right now is keeping ammonia less toxic. As soon as you open up the bags, pH will shoot up and make the ammonia more toxic as CO2 gases off. When I get shipments, I float the bags to temp match and drop them in the tank for that reason; I don't acclimate per se.

Just a thought. :)

15. OP
    OP
    Red1313

A teaser :p

Ok Ok so some slight favorite-ism going on here :p The red boy has stolen my heart, after all who could resist a mug like this...

Attached Files:

16. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Fantastic boy!

17. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Just for MM :p

More of the Red boy :drool:

Attached Files:

18. Martinismommy

What a doll!

19. OP
    OP
    Red1313

The rest of the shots

I'm posting these then going to go get more indiv shots to try and hide this favoritism I've got going on :p

Opps before I forget I found these, the Canada Post Guidelines on shipping live animals :p Just mostly for reference/interest sake.
    Live Small Cold-blooded Non-poisonous Animal Specimens - All of the following requirements must be met when packaging live small cold-blooded non-poisonous animal specimens:

must be free from disease
    must be mailed via Priority™ Next A.M., Xpresspost, Expedited Parcel or Regular Parcel service for national, regional and local deliveries if shipped between April 1 and October 31
    all items are mailed at the Customer’s risk; no coverage for loss or damages is available for this type of mail
    the International Air Transportation Association (IATA) Live Animal Regulations requirements must be met. Refer to iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/live_animals/index.htm
    all shipments must be clearly identified with the notation “LIVE SMALL COLD-BLOODED NON-POISONOUS ANIMAL SPECIMEN”
    must be dropped off at a Canada Post facility
    must be less than 25 cm in size
    must not require food, water or attention during handling in the mail
    must not emit obnoxious odours (examples of accepted creatures are: worms, frogs, salamanders, lizards, snails and tadpoles).
    Snakes, turtles, baby alligators and caimans are not acceptable, nor any warm-blooded animals.
    Visit the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s website at inspection.gc.ca for additional information.

Attached Files:

20. Martinismommy

The marble looks GORGEOUS! Tell me how the box was packed when you get a chance..Was the heat pack on the top or the bottom...