I have a quick question!

*Hannah*

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What do you think of this step up? 1 male halfmoon betta, 3 zebra danios, 3 long fin zebra danios, and 3 platies. Are zebra danios fin nippers? Will they be okay with a betta fish?

Thanks for the input!

Hannah

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Zebra danios are very much fin nippers, and definitely don't belong with a betta. And bettas do best alone anyway.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bettas are much better in a tank by themselves or with a friend on the bottom level. Corys or ots come to mind. The other fish listed will out compete him for food and will probably nip his fins.
Carol

*Hannah*

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Okay! Do you know where any cheap, I mean really cheap 5 gallon fish tanks are? I don't care if they are used or not.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Maybe Walmart, craigslist, freecycle, or garage sales?

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You could try E bay. It's hit or miss but sometimes you can get a deal and there are some aquarium shops on ebay you just have to look for them. Don't forget there will be shipping sometimes they over charge just be careful.

Heather M

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
On walmart, they have a 5 gallon kit for $29.77. You would still need a heater, and some reviews say people have had to modify the filters because the flow was too strong for their bettas. A review also states that, contrary to what the website says, this tank kit was at their Walmart store, not just online. I definitely wouldn't get anything smaller for a betta. Here's a link:

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
plexiglass hex's are pretty cheap too (as far as I can tell). or the larger Kritter Keepers. the one I have my betta in (I think its about 2 1/2 gallons, tho I'm still not sure) was about $13, then you could just get a small Tetra 3I air pump filter at WalMart (about $10) and a nice hidey hole and some plants, for under $40 (or $30, if ur a good shopper XD)

SFwriter

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Craigslist and garage sales.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads