I have a new baby. . .

1. f

fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Today I went shopping where there just happened to be one of my favourite pet stores (the one responsible for my beloved Achilles).
    It was undoubtedly going to result in a new baby for me!

It did!
    When I got to the fish section they just happened to be unpacking a new large styrofoam box full of fighters in TINY cordial cups. The cordial cups were only half full of water and the fish within them were huge! Choosing just one nearly killed me. They were all calling to me to rescue them but the shop had raised its prices so I could only afford a single rescue. After resisting blue greens and gorgeous cherry reds I finally settled for a boy with strange colourings. Only way I can think to describe his colours are lilac with a touch of pale red. I chose him for his personality. Most of the fish were very angry (not that I can blame them at all and yes I told them so in the middle of the shop), highly aggressive boys were the majority and usually I attempt to avoid the vicious fish, I try to keep big time trouble causers out of my little fishy family. But this boy that I settled on was so placid! He didn't flare at me, nor at the fish right next to him, he didn't flick about in annoyance. But he is in 100% health. He just has a genuinely placid nature. So I settled on him and I think he is quite pretty as well.
    I have named his Asclepius. I took photos of him in his cordial cup next to a ruler so that you could get a clear measured picture of how much I wanted to save them ALL. These cups were a tiny disgrace and there were at least fifty bettas.
    I will have to profile him later on as I don't know his personality well enuf yet.
    I am nicknaming him 'my last fish of the noughties' as it was in the 2000's that I started my love of bettas and tomorrow is New Years Eve!

Asclepius in his coridal cup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D My new home, I'm fffrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :party0024:
    [​IMG]

2. agabr123

agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

congrats on your new betta! :) he's beautiful!

3. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

He's a gorgeous boy. Congrats!

4. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Congratulations on the new addition....He's a handsome boy...

5. redlessi

redlessi Well Known Member Member

I hate those little death cups, Congrats on your Beautiful boy!!!

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

He's beautiful! Congratulations!

7. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

What a handsome boy you have there! Congrats on the new addition!

8. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Congrats :clapping:

Hes a keeper ;)

9. hooxeii

hooxeii Well Known Member Member

Beautiful little guy, and so lucky to be in a nice new home for the new year :)

10. OP
    OP
    f

Update on Asclepius;

He doesn't waste any time! This morning I came downstairs and he already has built and is defending a brand new bubble nest that is rather large in size! Guess that means he's happy :D

11. Tigerlily

Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

Congratulations on your new addition. He's a cutie. What a great way to end off the year.

I'm partial to those bad boys myself. :)

12. B

Borisbbadd Guest

Very pretty, and obviously happy.........:;th

13. play

play Valued Member Member

Extremely cute fish wish I had a nother one.

14. OP
    OP
    f

They are only a pet store away. . . :giggle:

15. konstargirl

konstargirl Well Known Member Member

He's cute. I think I want a betta now( In the furture) when my tank has enough room again to add fish....

16. OP
    OP
    f

You should get one, they are the most darling creatures! (& Pretty too!)

17. G

GoGreen Well Known Member Member

I, too, am considering stepping into the betta world, the only issue is summer holidays, we are gone sometimes for three weeks at a time. Automatic feeder and someone checking in every four days will work for the main tank, but what would I do about betta?..
    You picked a beauty, must have been a very hard decision, all those little cup captives. I am sure your new fish is extremely happy and overwhelmed with joy...you saved him!:;banaman

18. OP
    OP
    f

Thanks! I like to think he is a good looker.

When you go on holidays is there any way you could take your betta with you?

You should consider getting a betta, I would reccommend them to anyone who is willing to love and look after them.

19. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Fishtroy. A beautiful boy you have there! Congrats on the new addition. I think those are about the smallest container cups I've seen them kept in. :(
    He's free yeah!!!!!!!
    Happy New Year!
    Ken

20. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Aw, beautiful boy! Congrats and welcome little guy!