I have a leak! Help 

Je55*e

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
---I hope this is the right place to put this thread... if not, feel free to move it, mods.---

My divided 16g Betta tank has a leak on Mickey's side. =/ And, horribly, it appears to be on the bottom corner of the tank. It's so tiny right now that only drops of water come out, and don't significantly reduce the tank water, but I'm sure this could become a bigger problem in time.

I doubt it, but I figured I'd ask: is there any way I can fix this leak without having to empty the tank? I just recently moved these Bettas into it, and I don't want to have to stress them out again, so soon.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, you could attempt to fix it from the outside. If you can locate the leak, dry it thoroughly with some tissue paper and then IMMEDIATLY use some clear silicone to smear over the leak. This will only work if the area is dry, which is why I stress that it must be done immediatly after drying. Might work, might not, but it's about your best bet without emptying the tank and fixing it from the inside. Good Luck!

Je55*e

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks so much, Nick. I do know where the leak is, and I will try that tomorrow.

npandav011

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good luck on fixing it!

Je55*e

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank you, I really hope it works.

chughes737

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I wonder if Je55*e could use some small dabs of super glue? It's inert once dry...you could take all your fish out just to be safe...dab it with some towels and quickly dab on some super glue, then coat over that with some silicone....then do a partial water change and add some prime or conditioner just to be on the safe side before putting the fish back in...

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads