I have a holy fish!!! No Joke! Help

1. Codyandme1 Member Member

I have a scissor tail in my main tank and noticed he has a hole in the side of him!!! A chunk is missing and at one point I thought I could see the bone!

He is still eating and swimming happily, it just looks painful!
    Here's a pic...
    he's the small one in the back Here... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334294242.392768.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334294350.890198.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334294998.739824.jpg
    he's also bent!
    It seems to be healing and the other fish leave him alone, the only thing I can think of is that he hurt himself on something in the tank or the sucker fish took a chunk out of him.

Is there any precautions or things to help him? Extra food? Blood worms?
    Raise temp?

Thanks in advance!

2. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Yikes! I have no clue what to do, but stand by for other replies!

:sign0016: to FishLore!

3. ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

Uh... Not sure about the hole, but I know a deformed spine usually means the water quality is bad... That's the extent of what I know.

Hopefully others will be able to give you a more precise answer. Food soaked in garlic juice wouldn't hurt.

4. Codyandme1 Member Member

He was never bent until the hole...

5. Nieveso Initiate Member

The hole could be fin rot which you can buy medicine for but not sure about the bend though???

6. Nieveso Initiate Member

A deformed spine is also a not very well known symptom of velvet but u can get Medicine for velvet too

7. Codyandme1 Member Member

Well he was healing up and looked all good, but then he suddenly died :(
    Mabey it was for the better for the fish just in case he was in any pain.

8. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Im going to say not finrot, and probably not velvet. However, i have seen this in danios, its nasty. Can you check your water perameters. How often do you clean the tank? Id keep a keen eye out on the other fish. A bent spine can be genetic/viral/bad water quality. There are probably a few other causes aswell.