I Have A Feeding Question.

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Zoomo, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Zoomo

Zoomo Well Known Member Member

I have mystery snails that I feed Ken's brine shrimp logs and vege logs and some algae disks. I feed them like every other day, but find this to make huge messes in the tank. So, I put a plate of sorts in the bottom to put the food on. But, no matter how I try, I cannot sink them to the plate accurately. Is there a tool (I can't think of one) that would help me without putting my arm in the tank to get them in the bowl every time? I guess something like a holed spoon might work that one makes spaghetti with?

2. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

Tonges

3. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

Besides the wafers, these are really small sticks, not sure tongs would work. I will look on Amazon.

4. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

5. david1978

6. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

Thank you. I have been thinking about this for days but did not know what to call it or even how to start googling what I wanted to look for. LOL.

Hmm, wonder if any of may snaily friends are small enough to crawl up the tube, bet they find a way. Really though would just come out up top and have to go back down the side or free fall to the bottom again, as they like to do.

7. david1978

I just have pest snails. Lol. (Bladder and trumpet) those goofy things are every were. But its cool since my pleco wont eat algea anymore.

8. OP
    OP
    Zoomo

I wanted to get a few MTS to push up the gravel and release dirt but I am petrified they will mate and overrun the tank. That happens with even 1 right?

9. david1978

I only see a few outside of the gravel. They will breed up to the available food source that will feed them. Beyond that point they will starve and die. Im horrible with overfeeding since i have to feed my cories and get it past the bettas.then the pleco eats half of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice