Question I have 11, 8 week old fry platy

Chantal82

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My Georgie (sunburst platy) gave me 11 beautiful fry that are now 8 weeks old.
My question is when is safe to transfer them to community tanks. My plan is to keep male and female separate due to I have 4 more batches of fry in last 2 weeks with 4 more still pregnant and with this virus thing going on I can't sale them. I'm just doing my part with social distancing plus I live with 3 other with heart health issues.

So with my current stock is it safe to transfer 8 weeks old fry to any of my community tanks?
I have 3 30gallons in the last week I've re-home the boys from my this tank so it now has 4f platys, 2fswordtails, 2Cory pandas, com. Pleco, and 1 dojo loach (sadly the only dojo left in store wanted 2)

Second tank have tetras 4 Serpae,
6 x-rays, 3 black skirts, 1 com. pleco 3" currently.

Third tank I have 4 male platy and one com. Pleco 3" currently

Right now they are in a 10 gallons tank that will be needing for two sets of sunburt fry that were born last night
I also have 10 gallon tank with 2 black molly I could probably put some in this tank too if it would be safe to do so. I've post a pic of my babies to show current size. Any suggestions appreciate thanks.

Attachments

idkausernamesoyeah

Well Known
Reaction score
Chantal82 said:
My Georgie (sunburst platy) gave me 11 beautiful fry that are now 8 weeks old.
My question is when is safe to transfer them to community tanks. My plan is to keep male and female separate due to I have 4 more batches of fry in last 2 weeks with 4 more still pregnant and with this virus thing going on I can't sale them. I'm just doing my part with social distancing plus I live with 3 other with heart health issues.

So with my current stock is it safe to transfer 8 weeks old fry to any of my community tanks?
I have 3 30gallons in the last week I've re-home the boys from my this tank so it now has 4f platys, 2fswordtails, 2Cory pandas, com. Pleco, and 1 dojo loach (sadly the only dojo left in store wanted 2)

Second tank have tetras 4 Serpae,
6 x-rays, 3 black skirts, 1 com. pleco 3" currently.

Third tank I have 4 male platy and one com. Pleco 3" currently

Right now they are in a 10 gallons tank that will be needing for two sets of sunburt fry that were born last night
I also have 10 gallon tank with 2 black molly I could probably put some in this tank too if it would be safe to do so. I've post a pic of my babies to show current size. Any suggestions appreciate thanks.
in my opinion they should be good. as long as they rnt small enough to fit in the adults mouths. also if u have a lot of hiding spots they should be even better

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They should be fine. I’m guessing they are approx .5” or so? If you’re worried, put one or two in and observe what happens, but I don’t think you’ll have any issues

New Threads