I Hated To Do This

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thunder_o_b, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

but I had to evict Kelly fish from the 150. She now lives in the 44 with Prissy and others.

I did not want to do it as she has lived there since she was just a little thing. But she had taken to hunting in the crypt grove every time a molly had babies. None of the little ones survive. This last time was it, my cream cicle who I was hoping to have a baby or three of her kids surive gave birth yesterday and not one is left. :(

The 44 is a nicely setup aquarium so she should be ok.

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Aw, hate that. I think many of us have had to move fish for one reason or another. We do what we gotta do. :)

3. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

That silly fish is too smart for her own good. It took 20 min trying to catch her (in a well planted 150 gallons worth of water) with her jumping out of the net twice.

She is mad at me :( I went over to the 44 tonight and she was in the grove of crypts. She took one look at me, did a tail flip and was gone in a swirl of sand. The thing is I noticed that she injured herself running from me. It is minor. She is very strong and in very good health so she will recover. I could not even bribe her to come out with blood worms...So much for the 3 second memory of fish ;)

_MG_7502-Edit copy.0.jpg

4. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

I rekon that 3 swcond memory is only for when their last feed was the greedy little buggers.

5. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

:(
    I hate doing the same too!

My one male pleco was beating up my 6 year old Nerite snail for months ( I didn't realize it since I never saw it happen! ) All I would hear is the occasional "pinging" sounds and when I went to the tank, it would stop. Would explain why the snail never wanted to come out :mad:

Well I witnessed it and moved her immediately where she can live out the rest of her life in peace - meanwhile her shell is pitted and jacked up :(

I have another male pleco that used to do the same thing ( play bocce ball ) with the mystery snail..... I think they just like to do mean things to snails that look like balls :mad:

DSC_2455.JPG

6. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

I think you are right :)

I think we have a problem like that. In Sunhawk's 55 we have an ABN named Benny. It is the only aquarium that the mystery snails die in a mater of days. Seeing how Beast (an ABN) developed a taste for guppies I think Benny has developed a taste for escargot.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2018
  7. Junne

Yeah that one pleco was probably responsible for several mystery snail deaths looking back in hindsight.
    Never realized how possessive they are of their food, too.

8. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Oh yeah, don't get between Beast and his lunch.

9. Junne

This is my my old girl looked like 2 years ago before she was beat up :mad: - and this is the pleco that beat her up!

baby pleco and nerite12-11-16.jpg

and now:

DSC_2462.JPG

10. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

Wow! Poor thing:(

Nice photos though.

11. Junne

Thank you - that is a huge compliment coming from a photo guru as yourself. But can we be friends? I am a NIKON user LOL

12. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

I will never say a thing bad about Nikon.....but they are just a tad over priced. But a great camera line just the same :)

Speaking of over priced, I have always been a Harley rider :joyful:

13. Junne

Yup. I hear ya! I love my overpriced, $200.00 True Religion jeans :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

14. OP
    OP
    Thunder_o_b

:joyful:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice