I Hate Priming My Eheim 2215

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by LuniqueKero, Jun 15, 2018.

1. LuniqueKero

LuniqueKeroValued MemberMember

I just cleaned my canister filter, completely emptied it, connected it to my tank, sucked the outtake to let the water flow, put the outake underwater and waited until it stopped letting out large bubbles, I start the filter, and I keep hearing this loud fwooshing noise, water barely trickles out and keeps letting out small bubbles.

I can't find a leak, I tightened everything, I feel like burning and kicking stuffs. Each time I have to prime that darn thing it feels like tossing a coin.

Help..?

2. Mike1995

Mike1995Well Known MemberMember

did you turn off water flow with the quick disconnects? They're designed to hold the water in the hoses to prevent having to prime again.

3. Jellibeen

JellibeenWell Known MemberMember

Did you refill your canister with water?

I feel you on this one. I hate having to open the filter for any reason. Usually it’s fine, but sometimes it wont start and sometimes i end up with way too much water on my floor.

4. OP
    OP
    LuniqueKero

LuniqueKeroValued MemberMember

I had to reprime it 2 more time and it finally worked because it felt like it this time!

5. jmaldo

jmaldoWell Known MemberMember

@LuniqueKero
    I feel your pain. When I did my first canister cleaning similar issue. Agree with @Mike1995 close the valves before you disconnect the hoses and I also fill the canister and push out the air as shown towards the end of the video below. Once reconnected I still tilt the canister side to side to get out any remaining air bubbles. Works every time. I have Eheims on 4 tanks from the 2211 to the 2217. Good Luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice