i hate floating tubage..

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by jruko, Jul 23, 2015.

1. j

jruko New Member Member

I wish i would had hot glued all my tubes to the bottom of the tank before i started it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  2. Thunder_o_b

Thunder_o_b Fishlore VIP Member

This would be better.

3. F

FishtailBraid Valued Member Member

Saw these on eBay the other day:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10X-Aqua...64?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item5d46984938

At that price you'd have to really trust their claims to be fish-safe, but either this product or something similar but from a more established brand, could be the solution to your woes! :)

ETA: I see that Thunder_o_b posted at the same time as me; looks like the "more established brand" thing has also been covered.

4. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

Agreed floaty tubage is sucky!

5. g

gypsy32 Valued Member Member

I bought those same suction cups of ebay about 6 months ago & they work really well, i washed them in vinegar first & i have had no problem with them, more than likely they are the same as the expensive brands but without the fancy packaging,

The only issue with these are they are from china so you have to wait a bit to get them,

We try to get out tanks to look as natural as possible & then you look at it & airline tubing is hanging everywhere, it does look awful,

try those suction cups in fishtailbraids post they will fix any issues you have

Sent from my SM-T113 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. Gekco

Gekco Well Known Member Member

Buy some suction cups that way you can route the tubing where ever you want it, and if the tubing is close to the substrate just bury it under it.

7. F

FishtailBraid Valued Member Member

Yeah, I would be iffy about anything painted at that kind of price, but I'm not sure what can go wrong with plastic; even 80c water bottles are food-safe and apparently fish-safe as some people use them to make filter baffles or even sponge filters! Like, I'm sure someone more experienced could chip in, but unlike say painted ornaments, I wouldn't have a lower limit I'd feel safe spending on clear plastic in my tank.

I bought a $1.80 squeeze-bulb-start siphon with the same free-from-China-but-takes-ages shipping and it's holding up well a year later; just upgraded to a $2.50 gravel vacuum (which TBH doesn't work quite as well). But yeah, the free shipping is pretty slow so you couldn't really use it for something you needed urgently. :/ (Also the link I posted is from eBay Australia and not sure if the OP's country has the same shipping arrangements. But I'm sure there would be equivalents.)

8. Shortfuuzze

Shortfuuzze Valued Member Member

Hot glue is safe to use in the aquarium?? I was thinking of how I wanted to keep the lines from moving because I think the suction cups stink. They always coming loose or I end up pulling the tube from the clip and then it comes up from the gravel and it turns into a huge project to get it back the right way.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. KarenLM

KarenLM Well Known Member Member

If you don't mind the look of a fake plant, I have my air tube twist-tied to the back of a stiff stemmed fake plant. The plant is as tall as the tank and in the back corner so I can't see the tube at all. I have driftwood and real plants in front of the fake one. My cories actually sleep in the fake plant - all is good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice