i had a eventful evening

insole92

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I got a used 20 gallon long aquarium cleaned it up and filled it up, decorated it and moved the filter from my 10 gallon was just catching my tiger barbs from my 10 gallon and putting them in my bucket to acclimatise them to the new tank then I hear a bang look at the 20 gallon to see water coming from the bottom of it so I grabbed lots of towels and and a bowl (coz my bucket had the fish in it) and was running back and forth to the bathroom bailing water out had about 1/4 of the water go over my carpet and rug lucky the tank was just outside the bathroom so didn't have far to run with the bowl of water. I will upload a pic of the crack in the morning coz I'm on my phone it is a nice big crack

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh no!
That's terrible!

SW5

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Uh oh... I bet that scared the heck out of you! I suppose that's a risk you take with used (or any) tanks... Not your fault, though.

OP
insole92

insole92

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Lucky I don't pay anything for it so I haven't lost any money because of it. It was given to me by a friend who has just moved to a smaller flat and didn't have room for all their spare tanks

OP
insole92

insole92

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah It did scare me. I was really badly shaking after I had finished emptying it

k8XP

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That sounds terrible, has always been my worst fear! At least it was free, But does suck that now you do have to buy one. Should save up for a month or sell something you own if you have to, just to get a new tank.

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Holy Cow! That is one of my BIGGEST fears! I can't imagine bagging up all of my fish while I go shopping for a replacement. On top of that.... our LFS doesn't carry 55 gallon tanks so I would be majorly screwed!

llfish

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
yikes!!! What a mess! Look at the bright side..it was not a 125gallon

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Maybe this was a reptile tank rather than a fish tank.
I believe the glass isn't as thick for reptiles.

ralph113

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Omggggggg this is the first post I've seen when I opened fishlore!! I have a new.55gal that I just filled!!!! Ahhhh!!! Bad sign!!!!!

OP
insole92

insole92

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It had been used for fish before I think it might have been because it had been outside in the cold for a couple of days and the sudden change in temperature made it crack

antec

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I just got shivers. that's terrible! I have a 65 gallon in my room and If that ever broke I would be SCREWED. I'd have to tear everything up and redo the floors

frampy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Go to petco and grab another if you already have everything else it won't cost much at $1/1 gal

New Threads