I got my first shipment of fish ever! (EDIT: added pictures)

QCAquaholic

I found a place called PetZone in San Diego that had decent prices and $30 shipping.

Here they are in the quarantine tank after acclimation.

RDcompton03

nice!!

AquaticQueen

Nice! Glad the fish all made it.

Fisheye

How exciting! Enjoy!

TWiG87

Nice, they all look pretty healthy

Falena

Yay! Glad they all arrived safely. Love your choice of fish!
Fish are often very pale after shipping, don't worry. They will colour up when they settle :) they say a couple of days but in my experience it happens pretty quickly

CrayfishAreAwesome

what did you get?

QCAquaholic

CrayfishAreAwesome said:
what did you get?
6 pseudomugil gertrudae, a pair of apistogramma cacatuoides orange flash and 1 (hopefully male) peacock gudgeon

QCAquaholic

Falena said:
Yay! Glad they all arrived safely. Love your choice of fish!
Fish are often very pale after shipping, don't worry. They will colour up when they settle :) they say a couple of days but in my experience it happens pretty quickly
The peacock gudgeon already has. I was a little worried about him because the bag was light on water and he was barely moving.

Falena

BettaBender said:
The peacock gudgeon already has. I was a little worried about him because the bag was light on water and he was barely moving.
Aw I'm so glad to hear! It's amazing how quickly they can change once they get to the right temperature, a relaxed environment and good water :)

QCAquaholic

Well, according to what I've found on the internet the peacock gudgeon is female. That gives me three now I'm pretty sure. The apistos are still rather translucent, but they're swimming around happily pecking at food. I think one of the pseudomugils has eggs. That would be awesome if I could breed them. It's darn near impossible to find gertrudeas out here. You might see some threadfins, forktails or celebes on occasion.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom