50 Gallon Tank I got my first rainbows ever today! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
After researching a lot about what are good choices for my tank and I've always thought rainbows were gorgeous so I traded in my three green severms and got one rainbow in trade and then I bought him two friends.

I got one bosemani and two trifasciatus. I really wanted two bosemani and one turquiose but they only had one bosemani and then a tank full of trifasciatus. I wanted the bosemani regaurdless so I needed to buy him some friends.

So my new stock list in my tank is....
-3 blood parrots (very small each)
-1 bosemani rainbow
-2 trifasciatus rainbows
-1 common pleco
-3 silver dollars (going to a new home tonight so they're only temporary)

I tried to get pictures of the new guys but it didn't work out too well haha so no pictures for now I just wanted to share my fantasic news

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats! I hope to be getting some boesmanis for my 90 very soon. I was thinking about mixing them with irians, or some other.

I've never kept BPs, but from what I've read I think they may have difficulty competing against the rainbows for food.

OP
e_watson09

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Congrats! I hope to be getting some boesmanis for my 90 very soon. I was thinking about mixing them with irians, or some other.

I've never kept BPs, but from what I've read I think they may have difficulty competing against the rainbows for food.
I feed 4 times a day and I make sure everyone gets some. My parrots are smart and know whenever I walk by and if they do a cute little dance I feed them haha. So my parrots probably eat more than any other fish in the tank haha.

OP
e_watson09

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh and I forgot to mention they're already happy and eating after an hour they each ate plenty

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm sure they are rainbows love to eat. One thing about that - their mouths are bigger than their throats. Larger foods take some time to be swallowed, so don't freak out if it looks like the fish is choking.

4 times a day, huh (can't let my fish see that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom