I got my first rainbows ever today! :) 50 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Rainbowfish' started by e_watson09, Apr 5, 2010.

1. e_watson09

e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

After researching a lot about what are good choices for my tank and I've always thought rainbows were gorgeous so I traded in my three green severms and got one rainbow in trade and then I bought him two friends.

I got one bosemani and two trifasciatus. I really wanted two bosemani and one turquiose but they only had one bosemani and then a tank full of trifasciatus. I wanted the bosemani regaurdless so I needed to buy him some friends.

So my new stock list in my tank is....
    -3 blood parrots (very small each)
    -1 bosemani rainbow
    -2 trifasciatus rainbows
    -1 common pleco
    -3 silver dollars (going to a new home tonight so they're only temporary)

I tried to get pictures of the new guys but it didn't work out too well haha so no pictures for now I just wanted to share my fantasic news :)

2. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Congrats! I hope to be getting some boesmanis for my 90 very soon. I was thinking about mixing them with irians, or some other.

I've never kept BPs, but from what I've read I think they may have difficulty competing against the rainbows for food.

3. OP
    OP
    e_watson09

I feed 4 times a day and I make sure everyone gets some. My parrots are smart and know whenever I walk by and if they do a cute little dance I feed them haha. So my parrots probably eat more than any other fish in the tank haha.

4. OP
    OP
    e_watson09

Oh and I forgot to mention they're already happy and eating after an hour they each ate plenty :)

5. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I'm sure they are :) rainbows love to eat. One thing about that - their mouths are bigger than their throats. Larger foods take some time to be swallowed, so don't freak out if it looks like the fish is choking.

4 times a day, huh (can't let my fish see that)

6. OP
    OP
    e_watson09

but I only feed small ammounts compaired to two big feedings

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice