I got my first ever bettas! ( Are they healthy?)

redgal

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi everyone, well I finally got my first two bettas - my first fish ever actually! I got them from my lfs. It as so sad to see them in those cups. I did a nice gradual acclimatization and they seem to love their new home!I am so excited!

I've attached some photos, the first is of my tank set up and then two of each little guy.

I do have a question....can you tell me if they are healthy? I was wondering if the blue one had the start of ich but it doesn't look like white grains of salt, just two or three grey spots on his head that almost look like normal scales though on the photo they kinda come out more.I have some jungle labs all-in-one remedy that I could add to the tank, just in case but it recommends not for new tank set ups.

I haven't named them yet. I'd love some suggestions for warrior/asian type names.

They have quite the different little personalities already - the red one is fiesty and always flaring, the blue is a little more relaxed. It's so cool to watch them, I am totlly in love with them!

MeGustaUnaPez926

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They don't look sick to me. You might want to use some StressCoat+ just to kind of give them a boost. They are really pretty, and your tank is really nice!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They're beautiful boys. Congrats!
I would be a good idea to keep your eye on the white spots on the blue one, just in case.

redgal

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks everyone - I will keep an eye on the blue one just in case.

I can't take my eyes off them! What amazing fish. Even my DH enjoys watching them and he didn't seem interested when I firts mentioned it a while ago.

They haven't swum under their rock cave yet and it took me ages to boil the stones and silicone them togther, lol. Oh well, I'm sure they will eventually!

I have to think of some cool names now!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom