I GOT FRY (jack dempseys)

giz23mo

Reaction score
;D ;D
I'm so excited I have hundreds of jack dempsey fry, I was wondering why 2 of my JD's never came out of there cave and why they were so aggresive ...then all of a sudden a huge school of fry came out of the cave and all the other fish were trying to eat them but lucky I was there and was able to take out all the other fish....so now I have a empty 55 gallon and a 30 gallon with 2 JD's and there fry.. when the fry get bigger ill put them back in the 55 gallon.....woohooo

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
ill try but ill use my cell and the quality not that good

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
new eggs laid today there's hundreds.... ;D

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
Congrats!

Mmmmm, sounds like you've got your work cut out for you!! sounds fun re-homing them all!!!!! be wall to wall tanks and tubs in your home then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!! ;D

Tan

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
lol
2 10 gallons 1 20 gallon with previous fry which are about an inch now about 50-70 of them...
just got a 30 gallon complete from a bud of mine were the 1 inch fry are going....got to start finding homes for my lil jacks there getting there coolrs and look so cool....

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
any chance of some pics? i'd love to know what they look like!!

think the fish need an indoor heated swimming pool!!! that's alot of babies!!

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
ok tan.b ima buy a digI camera today (saturday) so I can get some good ones.. ;D

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
wow they look huge! they look kinda irridecent? does the light pick up all sparkly colours or is that just a trick of the camera?

dmcdonald

Reaction score
My JDs laid eggs yesterday. What might I expect? They dug out a hole in the gravel over two-three days, then suddenly a blessed event. There are hundreds of eggs most dull gray but some shiny. There is a clearly mated pair, and two "also ran" fish who are contained on the other side of the tank.

Do I need to worry that the fish will eat the eggs? SHould I continue to change water as usual? Anything different about feeding?
What do I do with hundreds of fish?

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
I think there like that there getting there colors abefore they get there real dark skin color????maybe that's why but I need to start seperating them

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
here we go heres a link to my wifes fish and fry...lol

OP
G

giz23mo

Reaction score
hmm I need to find a way to prevent my fry from getting in my filters... there must some kind of sponge thingy....anyone???

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
i'm sure I read somewhere about attaching (with an elastic band I guess) chopped down womens tights (pantihose is it you call them in the US?) over the intake on the filter. i've never had fry, so not tried this, but sounds feasible?! - you may get some interesting looks at the shop when you buy them!!

New Threads