I Got Another Betta!!!

1. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

That makes three in all, and my 6th betta ever! I got her at our christmas exchange today at school. She's really pretty. Blue (like turquoise) and shiny red lines on her tail. Her name is Violet (she was purple when I got her.. poor girl), and she seems to be a pretty mellow girl (compared to Kairi). She's getting acclimated in temporary housing (a large bowl) and will then be further quarantined later, and hopefully be introduced successfully into my community tank (after I get a larger filter...).

I'll post pictures later for you betta-holics as soon as she's settled (that might be tomorrow). :photo:

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats on your new betta! I guess the person who chose your name knew you a fish person!
    Can't wait to meet her. :)

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations!

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Still waiting for those pics TFA! lol

5. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

cant wait for pics :)

6. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Hi Giovanni,
    Congrats on the new betta - she sounds lovely. Keep a really close eye on her - as you most likely know, bettas do best on their own. I assume she'll be in the community tank with the danios? From the stuff I've read, and my own experience with danios, the tend to be fin-nippers. I'm a bit worried about your betta girl going in there with them.

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

;) He's got a bunch of tanks and is an experienced betta Dad.

8. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I know, I know..:-[
    But I thought it was worth saying... there are a lot of newer fishkeepers on this site, and I wouldn't want someone without all the years of experience behind them that Giovanni has thinking that this is automatically going to work because someone else did it. And my danios are so nippy that I do worry about a betta...

edit: Giovanni, I did not mean to insult you in any way. Sorry if I did. :)

9. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

No no, it's quite alright :) I'm fully aware of the risk of having her in with the danios. I have a friend who had their male veiltail in with zebras, lived quite a long time, never suffered one rip in his tail.

I thought it might be something different to try out, and since females have shorter fins, and are pretty darn fast (what a night it was trying to net her out of her cup :shock: ), so I'd figure it's worth a try.However, I won't introduce her anywhere else until she's properly quarantined ;D. I have a backup if this doesn't work out.

And those pictures are coming today, she's nicely settled and she's colored up. If only she'll stay still :;fru

10. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:-\ I hope you reconsider and put her by herself.
    Zippy nippy danios don't really belong with a betta whether it be male or female.

11. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

alright guys, here's the one pic i managed :-[. Here it really shows her more blue than purple coloration. The bubbles are from the water change, fyi....

Attached Files:

12. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

pretty colors... i want a betta... *sigh*

13. Beeker Well Known Member Member

Nice find.
    My betta tank is empty too.
    I guess I'm still not over Charlie.

14. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

Today, Violet had her first taste of pea. Saw that she was a little tipsy today and her belly looked a lil' pudgy. Being a petsmart betta, it proably was constipation. She's doing better, she loved the peas, attacked them with as much gusto as the other fish when going after bloodworms. My expression was literally :eek:

I've never seen any fish go after food like that...

15. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello TFA. She's beautiful!
    Ken

16. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

Thanks ken!:)