I got a package yesterday... :D - Page 9

Cichlidnut

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
kinezumi89 said:
Oh no I hope everyone will be okay We'll definitely plan for Monday then, I don't want to wait too long. Unless it's really cold on Monday for you, then maybe it would be better to wait until it was cold here too. Though I always wonder, heat packs keep them warm when they're outside, but what about when they sit in storage facilities?
I don't understand the question about the heat packs.

Eienna

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think the question is would it keep them warm if they're sitting in storage facilities for a while.

FridayGt

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Maybe the concern is if the package is sitting in a hot warehouse, would the heat pack continue to overheat?

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Lol it wasn't that confusing guys So it's cold outside, so you put a heat pack in, which continually releases heat. But it's warm inside buildings and the truck and such, so mightn't they overheat?

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Alright, sounds good. It sounds like Ernesto isn't sick, so I shouldn't have to medicate. Can we plan for you to ship on Monday, and I'll message you with any problems? I of course don't foresee any but you never know.

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ZeeZ said:
I would recommend that you take him out when your tank's pH is at its LOWEST. That way you won't have to acclimate him to the 20 Long for a longer time since the pH would be more evenly matched. You don't want to create more stress for him.
Forgot to reply to this part! Just to clarify, the pH of my tap is around 7.8 now, though it fluctuates with the seasons. The pH in the 55 is 6.8-7.0. So would I want to move him when the pH is at its highest, IE right before the CO2 turns back on? At least going from low pH to high pH is less stressful for fish, so I've got that working for me. I also plan to fill the 20 roughly halfway with 55-gallon-tankwater so that the pH will be intermediate between that of the 55 and the tapwater.

Also Cichlidnut, ouch

ZeeZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Match the pH as close as possible.

Okay, from the amount of questions you've asked me, both in this thread and via PM, it's pretty clear you should just dump your current boyfriend and make Ernesto your new boyfriend.

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
LOL I dunno, Ernesto hides from me a lot Naw, my boyfriend's great in that not only does he humor my expanding (and mildly obsessive) hobby, but he enjoys it as well! He's the reason Ernesto will be moving to a spacious 20 long rather than a 10; I hadn't even thought of upgrading.

Today's the big day! Off to buy a filter and hood, then setting up the tank (using seeded media from the canister) and trying to catch the elusive Ernesto...

ZeeZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds good! I wish you the best of luck! Just be sure the new tank's cycled first.

I do, however, bemoan the lack of photos of you on FishLore. I would have personally photoshopped you dating Ernesto.

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The 55 has a good cycle; I haven't had any mini-cycles yet from adding fish. I'll be taking some media from the canister to seed the new tank, plus the rocks and driftwood and plants from the 10 gallon.

LOL nope, no pictures of me. I'm not very photogenic

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ermagerd you guys good news!! Ernesto seems completely back to normal. He's out and about all the time, and he's gone all the way up to the surface a few times too. His stripe is all nice and black again! I uploaded a few pictures; it's funny you can see in the first picture his stripe is really bold - a platy had just swum by. In the second picture his stripe is a bit more faded.

I'm not looking forward to catching him, since I know it'll probably terrorize him, though I'll be as smooth and unscary as possible. I know he'll probably hide for a few days afterwards, but at least he'll be mostly alone (just two cories) so it'll be easier to feed him, and he won't be able to hide toooo well from me.

Attachments

Tigress Hill

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
kinezumi89 said:
LOL nope, no pictures of me. I'm not very photogenic
Aww come on! Everyone else has been willing to share their pictures (including me), therefore you must as well.

And... I want to see you photoshopped dating Ernesto;D

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Gee thanks Cichlidnut, I'm kind of working on it Once he's most alone it'll be so much easier to feed him. I'll toss in some bloodworms tomorrow and hopefully he'll eat them. I'll try NLS and the flake I have, who knows, maybe when there isn't a feed frenzy going on he'll be more adventurous in eating.

ZeeZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He does look a bit thin, but he is an Apisto. They don't have rounded bellies like platies or mollies, etc, get. They're streamlined fish.

New Threads