Not open for further replies.
OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
So I've noticed my new betta is super spazzy. This video doesn't show it that well because of course he stopped as soon as I got my phone, but he like spasms around at the glass and at the substrate. It can't be that the tank is too small, it's 5.5 gallon which is plenty larger than his little cup. It's filtered, live plants, heated (not as warm as it should be, my little heater can't keep up so I need a new one). Normal?

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That's normal couldn't see a video link though. Mordin gets super excited and wiggles all over the tank and gets stuck in his plants frees himself and then does the same thing again lol.

He is one of the most active bettas I have had he swims around flaring too he is a complete looney

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
LOL probably because I forgot to put up the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsM8fhLCewQ
Lol thats completely normal he is as excitable as Mordin it was like watching a green half moon version of him lol.

He is doing a little bit of what I like to call the food wiggle too bettas are always begging for food little piggy fish.

He is fine nothing to worry about at all he is very beautiful and happy to have a beautiful new home

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks guys! Glad to know he's happy. I gave him a couple pellets this morning; he ate a few but swam away disinterestedly. So either he's not hungry (they may have fed him too much in his cup, it looked there were some old pellets falling apart at the bottom and his stomach looked a little full) or he doesn't like them. Everyone loves NLS though so we'll try again tomorrow.

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Sometimes bettas can be picky with food when we first get them Mordin was a little confused when I first gave him pellets but after a day or two he was wolfing them down.

He still hasn't figured out bloodworms are food yet the little weirdo but I'm still working on him it's only been a few months lol

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
My last betta didn't understand bloodworms either. Maybe this guy will figure them out I have some good flake from Cichlidnut too so if it turns out he doesn't like pellets then I'll try the flakes.

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'll try and get one from my pharmacy and see if it works thanks for the tip I tried tweezers last time which is what I used to use with Malcolm and Houdini and Mordin just looked at me flared and swam off lol crazy little fish.

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That's so cute Mordin gets so excited sometimes when I get home from work im surprised he hasn't jumped yet he acts like Kinezumi's beautiful new boy just a little bit more zoomy when I figure out how to upload videos I'll post one it's a sight to see always cheers me up after a trying day at work.

Have you thought of a name yet Kinezumi?
I now need to get another tank and find a green betta so I can call him Gorbash lol I just told Oliver of this because I'm excited I got promoted to Fish Mentor yay lol and I think it is a fitting way to celebrate. Oliver just shook his head and gave me the look again hee hee

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have not yet thought of a name. Something will come to me Congrats on being a fish mentor! I thought it would take forever for me to get there, but this place is addictive

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thank you it was a nice surprise

I do love fishlore it has been a font of useful knowledge and have met some really nice and helpful people and I agree it is nearly as addictive as keeping fish lol

Musey

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry to hear you lost your other friend! But I'm happy you got a cool new fish! He is REALLY pretty and I love the colors. I think he is probably just excited about his BIG new tank (compared to his little dish) and that is why is a little jumpy. He is probably like: WOOT! .... swim.... YES!.... swim... OMG!... swim.... HURRAY!

kb9plc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Omg hahaha goofy lil Betta!
Mine does that too if it's any consolation. Actually he hasn't stopped spazzing out since I brought him home!
I like the 'food wiggle' and 'omg swim woot swim' explanations! If I were a Betta stuck in one of those gawd awful cups, I'd be doin the same thing once I was in an adequate home!
Happy happy fishie
Love the tank btw

PS in that vid he looks more blackish. But u said he is green? Lol I'd name him Yoda. Check out his stellar moves when u r least expecting it. Lol!!!!
(sorry I'm a SW nerd too. Lol)

Last edited:

monkeypie102

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
you should name him Marvin. He just looks Marvin-y to me, lol. Sorry to hear about your Betta that died. I have two (a CT and DSCT) now I kind of want yo find one like yours. you said he was a plaket(spelling?)

OP
kinezumi89

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
No, he's a halfmoon. I was going to get a plakat (labeled as "dragonscale" at Petsmart/Petco) but then I saw this one and couldn't pass him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom