I got a cool new fish!

nippybetta
I was in Seattle yesterday and I got an amazing new fish. Sorry, no pictures yet, and I'm not telling you what it is. You can play the guessing game if you want, but I doubt you'll get it. So, anyway, it's in my QT right now, and I'll be putting it in my 75 gallon tank in a few weeks. Pics will be coming once I get my camera to work, and take a few decent ones.

EDIT: Also, I've got no idea how to make my own blog section, so if you have any tips, that would be great. I'm afraid this ended up someplace besides where I intended it to go.

geminichick_90
No hints? I'm gonna guess....... a Dorithys martensii

nippybetta
No, It's something a little more usual. Here are some hints:

-they can be tank-bred, and often are
-it will be going in my 75 gallon tank, which is a community tank
-it's hard to tell if it's male or female
-it's a cool variety, but not a very uncommon fish

Treefork
To make a blog you need to contact Mike.

RogueAgent94
A Blue Angelfish!?

To get your own blog go to the top blue bar and click on Aquarium Blogs. Then on the right side there is a blue button that says "+Create New Post". I don't think Mike is making personal blogs for members anymore.

nippybetta
I might PM Mike. How long has it been since he created a personal blog?

Rogue, I already have a blue angel, and I love him. This is an angel, but it's a very cool variety (in my opinion).

RogueAgent94
Paraiba?

Dlondon95
Pinoy angel?

Magoo
Leopard or shubunkin angle fish?

nippybetta
Nope. psalm, it's not a parrot. Some sort of angel. Not something you see every day. I think it's pearl scale too. Hopefully I'll have pics for you in a few hours.

RogueAgent94
Blue Platinum!?

APColorado
Blue Marble

nippybetta
No!

Wow, Rogue hasn't worked this out yet. That's pretty surprising. Here's another hint: It's a solid color. No marble, no stripes, no splotches

I may be going back to get a second like this one. It would be really cool to breed them, if I ended up with a pair.

Dlondon95
Double dark? Some kind of albino?

nippybetta
Yes, it's albino! He's about quarter to nickel size right now. Here are some pics (I just took them). Sorry about the piir quality. My camera stinks.

Fish 4 017.jpg

Fish 4 020.jpg

Fish 4 019.jpg

His eyes were much redder at the store. He's still a bit stressed in the new tank.

APColorado
I can see the pearlscape. Very pretty.

nippybetta
Thanks, Amazon. He was only 8 dollars, if you can believe that. The store owner bred them, and had a lot.

APColorado
Wow...that is a great price for a pearlscape albino.... Good find.

RogueAgent94
Nice fish!! I'm also getting some in the next week or two. Mine are $15 but they are from overseas and carry a blue gene.

Magoo
Very nice angel albino fish always look so cool

Avejim
Not as pretty as my marbled angel. But I'm biased because I love my angelfish

Magoo
I don't think I have seen a picture of your angel avejI'm have you got a thread with a picture on?

Aquarist
Updated in post #1 from Mike concerning Blogs.

Ken

midnamoondog
Nice!

K5MOW
It look great!!!!! Great price to.

Roger

nippybetta
Updated in post #1 from Mike concerning Blogs.

Ken

Ah, see, there's the problem. I read all the posts except for the first one because I figured that's where the updates would be.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I love him too, he is amazing.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
James95
Replies
Views
coribirdie
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views