5 to 10 years
O that stinks.

atm

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I finally got the plants! I don't know their names though...

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O i have some too I don't know the names off though they seem to be growing.

atm

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cool, if you check plantgeek you can try and identify the plants or post pics here. Are you going to add more cories?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm adding 2 more corys. The reason I'm not adding angelfishes is because I heard too many reports of them eating guppies when they reach full size.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O mine don't.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Are they adults?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes mated adults, I'v bred guppies with them together.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh....I'll put in the guppies first and THEN the angelfishes.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Let the angels get full grown and have some cover for them, you should be ok, especially if they are fancy tails. 8)

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So far I have 2 platies, 1 cory, and 5 zebra danios. I'm planning to add 3 rams, 2 angelfishes, 1 bristle-nose pleco, 5-6 harlquin rasboros, and 2 guppies. Is it possible to add a rainbow shark too? I don't think so but I'm just asking...

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I decided against getting redtailed sharks, because now I want 2 dojo loaches. Is that okay?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds like you are way overstocking the tank and one cory cat will not do. You need to have at least 3 as they are fish who need the company of their own kind. I have 2 only because the ones I got as "pygmies" ended up being bigger than that and all died but one and I purchased another to keep him company, but my tank is MUCH smaller.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I had bought 3 corys but 2 of them died. I went to Wal-Mart and bought 2 new corys and a few plants. I'm going to try to NOT overstock it.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya you'l will be WAY overstocked with adding all of those. No rainbow shark, needs a bigger tank. If you don't have more cories add more, you can add the BN and probably decide on one angel or the rams and scratch the harlequins and add the guppies so:
1 angel
3 cories
2 platties
5 zebra danios
1 bn pleco

that would be pushing it unless you have a good filter and do water changes regulary and might need to do larger ones or:
3 rams
3 cories
2 platties
5 zebra danios
1 bn pleco

same with that

I would recommend returning your one cory as the BN will eat food on the bottom along with food you special feed him. No dojo loaches unless you want to loss something else.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I forgot to say that I also added 1 red-tailed shark and 1 bamboo shrimp. I really ruined my plan. The red-tailed shark seems really peaceful though. Maybe it's just because it's still young? It sometimes hangs around 2 male zebra danios. The zebra danios and the red-tailed shark are the same size.

Here are a few picts.

I'm wondering if the red-tailed shark will get along with angelfishes and/or rams. Since the shark is only about 1.5 inches long, could it "learn" to get with rams and/or angelfishes?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well basically rts get 6" easy, I'v seen them and they get large. There peaceful as their young but as they grow older in small tanks like 29gallons they get more aggressive to any fish that they think opposes them that's what mine did and why I had to return it. I know you probably really want it but I would suggest returning it unless you are going to not get any angels and rams and add more hiding places for him. He needs a large cave or two that he can call his home that he will protect and the darker red his tail is the happier he is. He might bother the cory I don't know, he shouldn't bother the platys and zebra danios. If you are going to keep him I would only buy more mid to top dwelling fish and schooling fish that he shouldn't bother. Nice looking tank though, just add some more dark hiding places for him. It might get along with angels but I would only get one angel not a pair better chance that way and not rams, having a rts cories and rams would be too much on the bottom you would just be asking for problems. So you hav:
5 zebra danios
2 platys
1 cory
1 rts

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a cave that is in the middle of the aquarium. It looks like a rock from the front view though. I have 5 zebra danios, 3 corys, 2 platies, 1 bamboo shrimp, and a red-tailed shark in there so far. I'm going to try to add an angel in there because they're the reason I got the 29 gallon aquarium. Why would it be better if I got 2? Would the angelfish harm the bamboo shrimp? The red-tailed shark seems to be lonely (or maybe I'm imagining it). It tries to swim with the corys and the zebra danios and the platies. It's so tiny that my biggest cory is bigger than my red-tailed shark! I'll try to get a picture when they're side by side so that you can see how tiny it is.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Trust me your rts is not lonely. Add only one angel as then they won't be a mated pair and your tank will hopefully be more peacefull. It might eat your bamboo shrimp if you don't provide enough hiding places and I would suggest buying some tall plants to put in a corner of the tank for the angel to hide in. The rts will get big so make sure the cave is big enough for him at 6" and keep an eye on him if he starts to get more aggressive, their not when there small. I wouldn't add anymore after the angel and just see how things go. Good Luck

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom