I give up.

1. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

I give up on fishkeeping. I cant handle it anymore. All the fish in the 10g have died except the cory. Their bellies were sunken inwards and all of them had pop-eye. Seriously, whatever i have tried to do for my fish just never works. My water quality is great yet they still die. The only fish i will ever keep from now on are bettas. They're the only things i manage to keep alive.

Thanks everyone for all the great advise you've given me. Yesterday when i asked about the white stringy poo people gave me great advise yet the recipe lucy gave me didnt even have time to freeze and the fish are dead now. I just give up ya know? i've had enough already.

Thank you.

2. eiginh Well Known Member Member

Whoa, sorry to hear Tony but are you sure you want to give up? Cmon now, you are the boy with dreams of having a billion tanks in your room. You're very enthusiastic with keeping fish and how adorable they are to you. You can't give up now, we all experience these problems...perhaps you want to take a little break after your losses then start up again. Cheer up and feel better!

3. gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Sorry to hear that tony but you'll get through with lots of encouragement from your friends on here. Good luck buddy.

Nick

4. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks pete, but i just wont get any other type of fish. No matter what species it is they just keep dieing. Its hard on me becuase i see fish after fish pass away. Its from the conditions they were being kept in before they came to be, but its still hard to see them go. I guess its time for me to start rescuing cup babies. i would feel alot better.

Thanks nick

5. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

I'm really am so sorry to hear your bad news. I honor your willingness to give up, but only authorize you to take a break for a bit!!

Besides being heartbreaking at times, it is also a wee bit of a money pit, keeping tropical fish.

Go with the bettas for a while...maybe try breeding them??

Convert the 10 gallon for betta spawning. Your other tanks are ok. Remember you HAVE, and ARE, contnuing to learn from these experiences.

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:( Tony, I'm so sorry to hear about your fish.
    Sadly, if they died so quickly, I doubts meds are anything could have helped.
    We all lose fish despite our best efforts.
    Maybe sit back, take a breather but don't give up. :console:

7. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Tony, I'm so sorry you're going through this:console:. How are your convicts doing? Maybe you're one of those people who does better with cichlids than tropical community:;dk

Hang in there, buddy. You'll get through this and we'll all be here to help you in any way we can.:;group

8. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks ted. I dont think i have enough $$$ to breed bettas. it would be awesome, but finding homes and the way they are treated i dont think i will. Right now i'm gonna clean out the 10g and start over. Then i will transfer my Current boy Clayton to it and see if it perks him up a bit. I'm just gonna start collecting bettas. But i'm only gonna get them 10g. I can buy a 10g every friday if my paycheck allows it LOL

I'm just gonna take a break from the other fish. Bettas will keep me happy.

Thanks lucy. Its sad how i didnt catch it earlier...

Thanks BB, the cons are doing great. The girl with the ID problem has begun getting darker stripes, so everything seems to be going better.

9. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

Good idea Tony!! To learn to breed Bettas find a nice female and use a divider in the 10 gallon....and you are correct....what to do with all the little ones.

You also may be needing the 10 gallon as a fry tank for convicts!!!!

10. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

The convicts are F/F LOL it would be weird if i got something from them... LOL

I'm gonna go pick up an extra heater for the current 10g so i can transfer clayton tomorrow once i get the tank cleaned. Thanks everyone for the support, i sure do feel better now.

11. click Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry to hear about your fish loss. I think even though you feel like giving up fish keeping, it will be very hard to do so after having fish for so many years. Just try to imagine your room with no tanks at all. Maybe you just need a small break, like the others suggested. Whatever you decide to do, I am pretty sure everyone will try to help the best they can. :;group

12. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks.

13. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

*hugs* I'm so sorry, Tony!

14. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

thanks. I cant wait to rescue some more babies.

15. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:;hug2 I'm sorry Tony. I know how totally heart breaking it is to watch them pass and not be able to help or understand why.

I'm glad you're not giving up altogether. I think you should definitely rescue cup babies. :) How's Clayton doing?

16. theshiftys_jm Member Member

Sorry to hear about that Tony. Very sorry. Losing the fishy-kids is never an easy feeling.

Your into it now though. You have amassed knowledge that you may not have had before, so never give up. Go back to the basics, hearty, easy fish like Betta's are an excellent "back to the drawing board fish." Don't give up Tony, just make a fresh start.

17. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Thanks shifty, i am going back to bettas. They are easier to look after IMO LOL so perfect for me :giggle:

18. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Tony,

I'm sorry you are going through this...It sure can be heartwrenching at times....Don't give up....Just take it slow and start again.....And hey, nothing wrong with only having Bettas! lol

19. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

thanks karen. I actually was meaning to talk to you... LOL i will send you a pm

20. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;hug2 my friend...I know MOST of us have been where you are now , and have had the same feelings a few times in our lives....not that your feelings arent worthy, but the love you have for fin babies, would be a sin to the aquatic world for you to give up..theres allot of fish that would love a home with you, not just bettas...although i respect whatever decision you make, remember, there isnt many in this hobby with the passion and respect for fish as you have...

i do not feel that as fast as those fish passed, that you could have stopped it any way you tried....unless you skipped weeks of water changes, and starved them , (which we know that isnt the case) something else had to have happened....remember, many things could have gone wrong and it doesnt meant it was your fault....

goodluck my friend...be strong, and keep doing what you do daily....loving your fish as if they were your own fleshin blood :) :;group