I get new lights!

Wolfgang8810
got an 8 watt fluorescent for mt 2.5 gallon it looks so pretty now! (lots of floating stuff because I had to move it off mt desk)

COBettaCouple
cool. we've picked up a few of those 2.5g tanks lately.. they're nice little tanks. what are you putting in that one, or is it a q/h tank?

Wolfgang8810
right now there are baby blue crays in there. there is a progression from eggs to now inder bluecrayfish photos . but I'm plannin on selling them and then ill problay make it a plants only tank. but the q/h tank sounds good aswel

the filter I have sucks thouigh. its always leaving scum on top of my water. what kind of filter do you use? I just ordered the azoo palm filter

COBettaCouple
that's the filter that we have in those rectangular 2.5g tanks.

the filter I have sucks thouigh. its always leaving scum on top of my water. what kind of filter do you use? I just ordered the azoo palm filter

Wolfgang8810
how often do you chenge the filter in it? I change mine every 3 weeks and by then they are hardcore green and mt surface is scummy

should I just stuff it with filter floss?

COBettaCouple
I put some filter sponge & filter floss in the compartment for it. when I clean the tank, I'll switch them around in a container of clean treated tap water.

Wolfgang8810
ive been using the bogous cartrages that it comes with and they suck. but I'm sure itll get better whit my new filter . So did the move go ok? everyhting back to being happy?

COBettaCouple
yea, we lost a couple fish on the move but surprisingly all the others made the trip and they're all settled in now.

Wolfgang8810
I'm glad to hear it! what was the biggest tank you had to move. I'm going to be moving out of my house in a year or so and I have a 55 gallon tall tank and am wondering how hard would it be to move?

COBettaCouple
the biggest tank was a 29 gallon tall. the tanks weren't hard to move, just packed them good and used things like heavy comforters for padding on the glass ones. the hard part was coming up with a crazy last second plan to move the fish that far by car.

I'm glad to hear it! what was the biggest tank you had to move. I'm going to be moving out of my house in a year or so and I have a 55 gallon tall tank and am wondering how hard would it be to move?

Wolfgang8810
lol that sucks the fedex screw you over like that. what does fosters and smoth use to ship fish? I'm sure they can't be cl;aiming that they are al;l water samples

COBettaCouple
well, they use fedex ground for DFS orders that aren't overnight.. and fedex ships live fish, you just have to get a license or whatever from them to do so.

lol that sucks the fedex screw you over like that. what does fosters and smoth use to ship fish? I'm sure they can't be cl;aiming that they are al;l water samples

Wolfgang8810
that's lame. did you keep your substrate for your tanks in them so you diddnt have to cycle again or did you start all tnaks over from scratch

COBettaCouple
I was able to put the substrata and filter media from the tanks into rubbermaid containers with some tank water and enough bacteria survived the trip to have all the tanks except 2 fully cycled not long after they were setup here and 1 of those 2 had been stored for over a month in the garage before the move so that was expected. Unfortunately the 29 gallon that I was going to order fish from Dino for lost it's cycle and had to be started over.

that's lame. did you keep your substrate for your tanks in them so you diddnt have to cycle again or did you start all tnaks over from scratch

Wolfgang8810
that's the worst part of fish keeping lol waiting for the gang thin to be able to have fish

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
macca
Replies
Views
crazyshot97
Top Bottom