i gave it time

1. clark12 Member Member

75 gal, 24 tiger barbs and 2 firemouths. 0-0-5. the fire mouths are between 2.5 and 3" and the bigger 1 claimed the entire bottom of the tank. the little one is always stuck in a top corner, I'm sure scared for its life. all due to the FM not the barbs. they are fine and don't bother or get bothered. its been a few weeks since i got the FM's. do i rehome the aggressive 1 or the scared 1? there is tons of places to hide but if you are in the bottom 5" of that tank, you better watch your back:;sharky. i only have a 10 gal as option with 2 shellie cichlids (awesome) and my wife might get rid of me if i get another tank.

2. joiakimfish Member Member

I'd rehome the agressive one unless you want to keep more aggressive fish then peaceful in the end it really depends on what else you plan to stick your tank with

3. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

If you want more than one in the tank (which is recommended - they're social fish), I'd add a few more firemouths of the same size.

4. clark12 Member Member

That's funny you say that. My wife told me the same thing. I didn't think that would work. I think they are both males. IF I was to get 2 more what if by luck I got 4 males total? Would I have a bigger mess on my hands

5. Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Their is no harm in trying. If you add 2 more they will have to re-establish pecking order, so you may see a little fighting. Just make sure you don't see wounds.