I found RJ(Royell Junior

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, I found him. He is almost the spitting image of him. The purple might be a slightly darker shade, but he's very close to what he looked like. I might buy him from this person. I found him off of Aquabid. I'm really leary about buying form the petstore again. I'm just very afraid that I'm going to get another sick and not know it until it's almost too late again.I have to email this persom and ask them some questions before I think about buying him. Here is a pic of him.

What do you think? He even has the yellow head that Royell had. He's only 3.5 mo. old. You can see he still has a long way to go for his finnage development. Natalie

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love CT bettas! They are on my top breed of bettas.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Very nice. That was a good idea to email the seller with questions. Let us know if you decide to get him.

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BTW I shop on aquabid alot. You can also try ebay for some bettas. His color is beautiful. They stand out

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
;D I think he is beautiful! I say if you want him, go for it. He looks like an RJ to me. Hopefully the seller will have positive feed back on your questions. Let us know.

CherryRose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guy's. I'm excited. I just wanted to ask him about shipping on certain days. Some of those people only ship on certain days and I wasn't sure if this person did or not. I'm hoping that they are flexible because I won't be home duing the week days to receive him and I would rather receive him on a Saturday guaranteeing I will be there to get him. Natalie

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Shipping would depend on where you live. Since he is in LA. You would have to live on the west coast to recieve it on the 2nd day. If your on the east coast it can take 3 days or more.

I sent a package to oregon and it took 4-5 days priority.

Did you ask if the fish has a live arrival guarantee?

Edited to add: You should also ask how much would Fedex overnight, USPS express or DHl would cost to ship it.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I live him Phoenix Az, so we are practically neighbors. He is shipping USPS priority. No, I didn't ask that earlier, but as soon as I read that I did go back and ask him. The cost for the USPS priority is 14.00. Natalie

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok because most people only do live arrival gurantee with express shipping only.

lisab53

Reaction score
Natalie, RJ is gorgeous, I'm sure you'll work the shipping out. I am anxious to see some pictures of him in his new home. Keep us posted.

Lisa

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Natalie,

At that distance he will probably ship in one day. I get fish from Florida to Nebraska in 2 days with Priority shipping and I believe that if they advertise on Aquabid and eBay they have to have a Live Guarantee or they cannot advertise there. It may only be for a few hours though and in an unopened bag.

But I will say that fish shipped directly from the breeder are so much healthier than those shipped to a store and put in those cups and allowed to get sick. The breeders treat them well and they are given almost the cleanest and most nicest environment of any fish I have seen. I have pictures of the average breeders equipment that shows the place and it is marvelous. They are so well cared fosr and each of them has their own tank and it looks to be at least 2 to 3 gallons and constantly filtered. The environment is light and totally clean.

Rose

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wanna know whats More disgusting? Betta's in those cups while the pet stores air conditioning is on. If I won the lottery I would buy out petsmart and petco and give those fish the tanks they deserve to be in!

The fish that are on aquabid/ebay probobly live in nice tanks and 80F temps.

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Natalie!  And, welcome to the club RJ.  Too bad you don't have a neighbor that can accept packages for you, though.

Mike

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well we have a neighbor, but I don't completly trust him. He's a very strange man and he scares me at times. We do say hi to one another when we see each other, but I just don't think he's completely trust worthy. I do have someone below us that could probably accept him,but again, I don't want the fish to stay in the bag for more then a couple hours and chances are he would probably be delivered early in the morning sometime especially if it is priority mail. I would feel much better if I could get him on a weekend. Thanks for the congrats. I haven't bought him yet. I have to check my email to see if they responded to my questiond yet. As of yesterday they haven't. There is only 2 hours and 15 min left on it. Natalie

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, well it's a good thing I checked on the Aquabid to see where it was at. I had much less time that I had thought. It said it ended at 12:30, but I guess that must've been there time because when I checked there was only 10 minutes left yikes. I of course was having trouble with email through yahoo. Stupid Yahoo sometimes. So, in any case I bought him. The person said that UPS and Fedex doesn't deliver on Saturdays which isn't true because I've received plenty of packages from them on Saturdays. At least from UPS. He can't guarantee an exact time for delivery through USPS which that I know. As long as I can get him overnight on Saturday that doesn't matter.

He does have live gurantee.

I was just looking at him(RJ) again and Ican't get over how much he looks like Royell. It makes me wonder if it's the breeder that Petsmart deals with only because he's the spitting image of him. I swear they are like twins. I'm so excited. Yay!! ;D Natalie

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
congrats Natalie. I can't wait to see pics in his new environment.

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am so confused as to how this whole aquabid thing works. How am I supposed to pay with paypal through them? With Ebay they have a paypal account set up with them. Natalie

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My husband knew how to do it through paypal w/o setting up the acct. , so it's offiicially paid for and he is mine. Woohoo! I just disinfected the 5 gallon, since my Otto cat's are no longer either. I'm letting that sit for 24 hours and I'll rince it out tomorrow night and I'll get some new Otto cats probably this week before RJ get's here. They'll be in the 5 gallon and RJ will be in the 3 gallon for awhile. Natalie

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congratulations and Best wishes. I hope you get him safe and sound and he is healthy and wonderful. I believe it is the best way to get them.

Rose

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
;D Three cheers for Natalie and RJ!!!

CherryRose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom