I found a part of its skin Question

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by free.will77, Apr 9, 2010.

1. free.will77

free.will77Valued MemberMember

Hi guys

It was about 4 days that I hadn't seen my little catfish (about 6 cm), I searched between rocks and shelves and it wasn't there. suddenly I found a tiny part of its skin was floating in water. is it possible? who ate it? I keep 2 rasboras, 2 neon tetras, 2 guppies and 1 goldfish. are they omnivorous? did they eat it? oh... I feel violated. I liked that little catfish. it was getting a bit bigger.:( I don't even know why it died, it was doing great. first my little turtle that I told you about yesterday and now my catfish. it's depressing.
    by the way it seems the turtle decided to open its eyes finally.

2. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

awww ...im sorry for your loss :( rip lil catfish!
    if I had to guess out of your list, it was the goldie....:( which needs a cold water tank compared to the others .....but if it passed first, anyone of those fish cold have picked at him ..

3. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

wow, Bahareh,
    you've had a rough time with your pets... :(
    I was thinking that probably he passed away, and then the others ate him.

4. OP
    OP
    free.will77

but it was healthy... I wonder if it's because of the goldfish, since I added it, I have lost the mother of my guppy fries and now the cat fish. do you think the goldfish produce too much waste?

5. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

yes, they are huge waste-producers. If you have a goldie and those other fish in the 20 gallon, without extremely good filtration, you've probably got an ammonia problem.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  6. OP
    OP
    free.will77

so I think I'd better to remove it from the main tank and keep it separately. thank you for your information.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice