I found a panda cory fry!

Masspanic

I couldn't get a picture because when I came back with my phone he was gone, but I looked up photos online and it was definitely a cory fry. I hadn't even noticed my panda cories laying eggs. I can't find the little guy again and I have no idea how many of them there might be. If I can't find them and get them into a breeder box or something, how likely are they to survive?

otterblue

It may depend on what other fish you have in your tank. The other corys shouldn't bother them.

Masspanic

It may depend on what other fish you have in your tank. The other corys shouldn't bother them.
A female betta, some honeys, and some neons. My betta pretty much stays at the top of the tank though

otterblue

A female betta, some honeys, and some neons. My betta pretty much stays at the top of the tank though
Depending on the fry's size, I think any of those fish could potentially eat him - especially the betta and the gouramis - but if your tank is well planted, or otherwise has hiding spots, it might be okay.

Masspanic

Depending on the fry's size, I think any of those fish could potentially eat him - especially the betta and the gouramis - but if your tank is well planted, or otherwise has hiding spots, it might be okay.
Okay thank you for your help! I’ve attached a picture of the tank for reference (please ignore the dislodged plants—one of my honeys is a very determined nibbler and I haven’t gotten around to fixing them). And he is very small from what I can tell maybe like a centimeter, more or less just a head with little eyes and a tadpole like body

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 16

DoubleDutch

Depending on its size I'd leave it.
It has survived untill now.
I just found a Panda in the filter.
Pete as we called it is doing great in the main tank.

Attachments

• 20210919_133157.jpg
    20210919_133157.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 11

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
foxryk
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies