I Found A Lil Baby!!!!

Fishnugget43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I thought all my live bearers were male but i joust found a lil guy swimming around... Hes like some where between 1/8th and 1/4 of an inch is he still small enough to get eaten?? (The largest fish in my tank is a cory cat and second is a platy...

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
it's kind of hit and miss as to whether they will eat him. Usually they leave fry alone if they are too large to fit in their mouths, but sometimes they will still chase and harass them because they see them as prey, even if they are too large to eat.

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
He is probably safe. Mine are about that size and the adult platies leave them alone

Fishnugget43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Awww, i hope the lil guy makes it...

kloseo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
you could get a fry holder for the fry, it cost around $6 is a plastic container that floats in the main tank and keeps the fry safe from being eaten, i have used it for platys, mollies, cichleds and danios all with sucess congrats on the baby

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i dont put fry back into my tank untill their about 1/2 inch long, but thats mostly because one of my female guppies is HUGE (she's over 2 inches long) and see's anthing reletively small as food -_-

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads