I Forgot About This Part

1. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

It's been a few years since I had a conure. Cupid, my yellow-sided green cheek is your typical "fling your food when you eat it" conure. It's messy. I'd forgotten about this aspect of conure-keeping. Where can you buy those plastic sides for cages? I only want to put it in the back so his flinging doesn't mess up my walls.

And my doves like their food and their corn cob in AND out of the cage. I would also like to find a plastic backing for their cage as well. On theirs it would be the back and one side. I don't like feathers and dust getting in my fishtanks. I don't the convicts appreciate it either.

Any advice or other ideas besides the plastic backing would be GREATLY appreciated. I love all my babies and I want the house and the other babies to love them, too.;)

2. btate617 Well Known Member Member

What about the cover they put over fluorescent lights like in class rooms?
    You should be able to find something like that at walmart or homedepot.

Brian

3. gremlin Well Known Member Member

Go to Home Depot (or another construction type store) and ask for the sheet acrylic. It comes in a wide variety of sizes and thicknesses. I use this to cover my aviary to keep the rain out, and when I have a cage inside, I use pieces of the acrylic. You can make a nice flexible join with clear packaging tape. You can drill a couple of holes along the edges to wire it onto the cage. When you drill the holes, sandwich one piece of acrylic between two pieces of wood - any scrap wood works, I used 1/4 inch plywood.

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thank you both very much!:;group I guess I've forgotten how far feathers and food can fly with certain species:p