I finally got it. 100 Gallon Tank

1. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I have been trying to find a 100+ gallon tank that I could afford for the last 6 months. My Oscar, Bonsai Flowerhorn, 2 Blood Parrots and Pleco had out grown the 60 gallon that they were in. I really wanted to get them out of it, because the needed room to swim and stretch. I don't believe in keeping big fish in little tanks for our own convenience.

I got my tax refund back and it was now or never. I found a new 100 for $260.00, $600.00 with the stand. I built my own stand to save the money and went for it.

I spend all day yesterday getting it home, building a stand, setting it up and moving the fish over. I moved the Fluval 206 over from their old tank to cycle it.

I know it doesn't look like much yet. I didn't have the extra money to buy anything to decorate it, so I but some fake driftwood in the bottom from an old tank. My fish seem really happy. New 100 tank.jpg

2. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Cool tank Wendy. What are the dimensions?

3. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

It is 72 x 16 x 20 in inches. The fish love swimming back and forth in the extra room. I almost doubled their tank size.

4. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

According to my guess thats about 100 gallons... Maybe slightly less depending on the internal dimensions of the tank. Thats a very nice size nevertheless :):)

Im glad to hear the fish seem happier.

What happened to the 280?