i finally got a photo of my tank

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
i have finally done it... my tank!!! if this works i will post a description of what went on!!
regards Dazzler

well it took four hours to set up.
i have four deco.s in there the one on the right (the red waterwheel ) has an airline to it. so it turns around inside the tank looks awesome too!!! it is suppose to depict a river scene with three islands divided by the blue gravel (water!) the back wall is eight tiles siliconed in there on the inside took a week to seal it dry. yes 8 ducks siliconed to a rock with blue gravel also siliconed to that same rock for vacuuming purposes. 2 frogs glued downed to the rocks on the right by the waterwheel. and also 3 turtles 2 in the water making whoopee and one just above them. the tank is 4ft long hold 250l( 67g ) and is run by 2x300gph filters 1 external 1 in the hood 3x30w flouros 2x 200w heaters. 1 aircurtain on low and the waterwheel for airation. about 10 hiding holes. all the plants are plastic(sorry!!) the only problem is this aquascape is going to be so difficult to move if i ever move house and also it stays as it is

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
WOW are those little ducks on the river.

Looks awesome, well done

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That is sooo cool! Very well done! ;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thats the way to use your imagination!! looks great!
Carol

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
That's fantastic!! I've never seen anything like it!! Lila

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Wow... that is VERY cool!! Never imagined to do something like that with my tank. How neat.
Really like the blue gravel for the water.. and you even added little duckies!
Might be a pain to clean the gravel though, but it sure does look great! heh

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Haha ... it really DOES look cool Looks like a tiny town Carol is right - very creative setup

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
am currently hunting down a ornament manufacturer to make my next tank "the amusement park" hopefully with moving roller coaster powered by an airline. time to sell the house for that one. yes vacuuming may be a problem. i have thought of most things and divided the gravel by big pebbles glue down all relevant bits so they dont move around. but my only problem is no bottom feeders cause they will disturb the blue gravel.

thanks for the compliments guys. it makes it all worthwhile. hope it has brought a smile to your face like it does mine everytime i walk past it. its almost cycled too

kind regards Dazzler

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Got an idea for you, buy 100 ghost shrimp, they won't bother your onraments and will pick up all edible bits of food, my 20+ some keep my gravel clean except for poo, though I saw one clean some of that too

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
cheers atm i just hope we get them here, ghost shrimp, sounds like a cunning trick.

thanks for the idea ;D ;D

Dazzler

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Great work thanks for the pics

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wouldn't see why not, just make sure you get A LOT. There cheap here

MamaM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Your tank looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Sharon

wolfman21

Valued Member
Reaction score
That is a really cool looking tank. Well worth the set up time I assume. Very nice.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom