I finally did it

David C

Today was a great day. I've been dreaming about my first Saltwater tank for more than a year now and I finally bought it. I got my entire price list from and took it to my LFS to give him a chance to beat the prices. I like the shop and the owner is extremely knowledgeable, so if I could get want I want and he pockets the profit, that's awesome. He ended up beating all the prices for the exact equipment I wanted by so much, I ended up getting a 90gal instead of the 75gal I wanted and it was still $100 cheaper overall. Moral of the story, it never hurts to ask Everything will be in this week and he'll deliver it all to my house next Friday, so I have a busy weekend ahead of me building my sump and painting the tank. He even beat the group rate for dry rock from marcorock, and I didn't think that was possible.

I'll be starting a build thread next week, but wanted to share my excitement. Been saving for a year for this and shelled out $2k and that doesn't come with a single live thing. Guess I'm pretty happy

Dave

Aquarist

Congrats DavidC!
It does pay to shop around and not make a hasty decision. I'm glad to hear that your LFS gave you a great deal and that you're getting a bigger tank than you planned to.
I'll be looking forward to your updates!

Have you thought about asking MIKE to start a blog for you?
Ken

bolivianbaby

Congratulations! A new tank! Always cause for celebration!

Lucy

How cool! You must be really excited. Saltwater tanks are awesome.

pepetj

I'm truly happy for you!

Now enjoy the set-up process and remember to upload some pics of your new equipment.

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

sgould

Awesome!

Raamiah

That's really exciting. I too have been researching for a long time but am lacking the funds to get one right now.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aprilbeingbasic
Replies
Views
Amazoniantanklvr
Replies
Views
Yeoy
Replies
Views