I finally did it. Now learning, obsessing, and enjoying.

applejax

Hello Fishlore!

I've had my dad's old setup sitting in my garage since we moved here. I've wanted to get a fish tank up for years. Well, a month or so ago, we finally did it! My wife restained the base, we bought a new tank (the old one was looking pretty nasty), and we were off!

I've been through lots of learning and obsessing. I still am, but I've been through a lot, too (thanks Mitch). Filters, heaters, water, plants, fish; I love learning about it all. I'm still really nervous about the fish, especially when we put a new one in (and since we had a bunch die from an unfinished cycle in the beginning), but every day they survive I get a little more comfortable.

I love watching them and learning their behavior and quirks. That often makes me nervous too, but again, every day we make, I feel a little more comfortable.

So that's my intro. Look forward to being part of this community, learning, and helping where I can!

SouthAmericanCichlids

Welcome! Feel free to ask any question you need. It's a great community here, and everyone's very friendly.

Ouse

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the hobby!

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore!

crezguy

Welcome to the hobby You can explore more here..!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Hi!
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
Lucy
30 Gallon Tank Hello
Replies
Views
86 ssinit