I fell in love again

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I went to the only place that sells female bettas in the area just to get some filter media and I ended up looking at the fish and seeing if they had any female bettas that were in good conditiion. I found one that is in great condidition, her little cup is clean and she doesn't have any signs of fin rot. She must be one of the new shipment. Anyways, long story short, I bought her and am putting her in the big 36 at the moment. I am so happy I found love again.
Tom

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to you and your lucky girl! Can't wait to see pics. Falling in love is easy so when it comes to bettas. LOL I bet she is beautiful!

CherryRose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congratulations to you Tom. We do know that you love the little ones and especially the little girls. I am so glad you found a little one to give a good home to. Let us see pictures when you get her settled will you?

Also when you name her, be sure to let us know so we can welcome her properly.

I am happy for the both of you.

Rose

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
hey Tom, that is great news. Lots of us have succumed to the temptation this week. Post a pic...welocme to you new little girl betta, and congratulations to you and best wishes for her health!! Val

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Congrats on the new betta, Tom. those female bettas are great, i love them and know you'll love your new girl.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to the club of no self control! LOL! My new Lila is glad that I couldn't leave her at Petco!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
MTS is hitting me hard today.. I got the little 2.5 gallon bowfront for our new h/q tank to replace the one we had to toss after the last betta rescue so that we can get some otos for our bettas, then start back to rescuing them.. and got a call from my mom who found a hex tank for $5 at a yard sale so she'll get that to me.. i was so tempted at petco today to take a few sad female bettas home when i was there checking on the otos. Made me think of your new betta girl and how nice it would be to bring another one home.. or 2.. or 3..

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
or 12 or 13! seriously, I should just open a public aquarium with the direction I am going in.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
or 12 or 13! seriously, I should just open a public aquarium with the direction I am going in.
i hear you there Genie.. i think a lot of us are like that.. maybe we should form a chain of them across the world.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks, all of you. I will have pics as soon as I can get her out from the corner and get a good shot of her.
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I tried to get some pics yesterday but no luck what so ever. She is just to fast to take a pic of. One second she is still and I get the camera ready and next she is on the other side of the tank and I just wasted some of my battery power. So if you guys/gals can think of a name that would suit her, that would be great. One that makes her sound fast.
Tom

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
How aout Jet? Or maybe Zippy? What color is she?

CherryRose

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lightning? Blaze? Portia?

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
Lightning? Blaze? Portia?
I like Portia!! go for that one!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Her main body is deep blue/purple and her fins are red lined with black. She looks really beautifuland easy to spot up against my substrate.
Tom

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Tom said:
Her main body is deep blue/purple and her fins are red lined with black. She looks really beautifuland easy to spot up against my substrate.
Tom
she sounds like a real beauty.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I found that the best way to photograph fast fish is to use "Continuous mode" on the camera. I don't know if your camera has that on it, but it takes photo after photo as long as you hold down the shutter button. She sounds beautiful. I have been looking at female bettas all weekend. Wal-Mart got in some Crowntail Females. There was one I really wanted to bring home, but I didn't have room for Lila as it was, so I had to leave her at the store. Maybe I can get another tank for the office if she is still there.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had otten her at Walmart and they were just restocking the selves with female bettas and I looked at her and saw she was in great consition and just had to have her. ;D ;D
Tom

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OK Tom-- get with the picture takin! (lol) I need to see this beautiful fishy. I want more females. They are so spunky!

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
How about the name Flash? Congratulations Tom!! Can't wait to see pics. Now be a good girl for your daddy and let him take pics of you. Natalie

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom