I Feel This Rock Is To Big For My Tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by canadian92, Apr 7, 2017.

1. canadian92Valued MemberMember

I wanted a cool centrepiece ornament and I got this rock I really like it cause it has a bunch or small caves inside. After getting it I feel like it's taking up to much of the fish swimming space? What do you think ?

?[​IMG]

2. peppy210

peppy210Valued MemberMember

I think it looks great!

3. Dcchillin

DcchillinValued MemberMember

Ya, that looks really good to me as well!

4. GlamCrab

GlamCrabWell Known MemberMember

I think it looks amazing in there, the fish still have room to swim above and around it. Even through it

5. fjh

fjhWell Known MemberMember

I like it! If you think it looks too big/ covers too much of the tank, put it in farther back and off set it a bit.

6. Jayd976

Jayd976Well Known MemberMember

Looks good to me

7. cjbart1009

cjbart1009Valued MemberMember

If you think it's too big you can push it back a little more and plant something that would carpet around it so it doesn't feel like just a big rock sticking out. But it looks good to me either way.

8. McFly

McFlyValued MemberMember

Nice centerpiece. Keep it. There's plenty of room in there.

9. SuzanaBanana

SuzanaBananaValued MemberMember

LOVE IT!

10. Gabrielle BK

Gabrielle BKValued MemberMember

I love it!! Maybe add some more plants in the foreground or around it to make it fit nicer, but if not it looks great the way it is!! LOVE!!

11. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylahWell Known MemberMember

I like it.

12. Briggs

BriggsWell Known MemberMember

It looks like a perfect fit for a centerpiece in that tank. If it was mine, I might have placed it more to the right, but I usually prefer asymmetrical designs.

13. KeeperOfASilentWorld

KeeperOfASilentWorldWell Known MemberMember

Dear Canadian92,

It's the perfect size rock and it looks very good.

If you are looking for further scaping ideas; I would move it a little to the left or the right depending on your preference. By moving the rock you will be establishing the focal point according to the golden ratio.

Looking at the shape of the rock and how it stands I would probably rotate it a little ( 30 or 45 degrees depending on preference ) counterclockwise and then place it on the left side of the aquarium roughly on the 1/3 line.

Happy Fish Keeping :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice