I Feel The Pellets Are Too Big For Fishy Boris.

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Georgie Girl, May 21, 2018.

1. Georgie Girl

Georgie GirlValued MemberMember

I feel they're too big for him, and I worry that they'll get stuck in his craw (do fish have craws?) or his esophagus, before they get to his stomach. Now, he chews, which I think is charming - and I can hear his chewing! - so that ought to mellow me out.

Still, being me, I worry. Am I silly? Fishy Boris is my first betta, and he deserves the best life.

FTR, I give him the prescribed two-three pellets twice per day, sometimes subbing bloodworms. Plus, I make sure he has plenty of clean water. (Heh... little joke there...) 20180519_182137.jpg

2. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

They will chew something up smaller if it fits into their mouth. I wouldn’t worry too much unless he never gets it into his mouth.

3. Nightshadethebetta

NightshadethebettaValued MemberMember

I can hear my little betta chew too, it’s adorable lol. But I wouldn’t worry about it! He will chew it up and break it up into smaller pieces. Mine does it all the time. He’s beautiful, by the way :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice