I Feel Like There Is Something Wrong With My Goldfish Help

1. Omar Bouzid

Omar Bouzid New Member Member

Hello all...
    This goldfish used to play around alot and whenever i come to the fish tank she comes and plays around but yesterday and today i noticed she like to stay down there and just stay there as you can see in this shot video... So i have idea whats wrong....
    But this last couple of days the temperate is kinda high... Could it be? IMG_20180624_075606.jpg IMG_20180624_075548.jpg

2. Seasoldier

Seasoldier Well Known Member Member

Hi & welcome, when you say the temperature is kind of high what is it? These fish prefer cooler water temps and if your water's hot it also holds less oxygen so your fish could be oxygen deprived do you have any airs pump / stones running? What's the surface agitation like in your tank? most of the oxygen in the water is absorbed from surface agitation. Try cooling the tank down, direct a fan at it? & increase the surface movement.

Advertisement

3. OP
    OP
    Omar Bouzid

I am using this air pump / filter 1200 L/h
    And this is the gap for air flow..
    What do you think.. Is it enough IMG_20180624_083553.jpg IMG_20180624_083610.jpg

Advertisement

4. Lagertha

Lagertha Valued Member Member

Can you give more information?

Tank size? How many fish? Water conditions?

5. OP
    OP
    Omar Bouzid

Tank size : 66 gal or 250 L
    3 gold fish
    Water condition : cycled but i don't know the temperature

6. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

Hey. You say cycled. What are your water parameters? How often do you do water changes? Does the water feel hot or warm to the touch. When was your last water change?

7. Lagertha

8. OP
    OP
    Omar Bouzid

I change 20% every week... It dose feel little bit cold ( it dose not feel that cold) my last water change was in 6 days

No i cant i looked for the test kit in the market and couldn't find it

Also when i feel like the water is getting warm i grab frozen bottle of water and dip it into the fish tank so it lower the temperature little bit or sometimes i let the filter suck the cold water into the fish tank slowly

9. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

We need a little help here. One, the temp needs to stay kind of the same. Varying a degree here and there is ok but warm water to cold water isn’t good. So. We need you to get a thermometer. They’re cheap. What water conditioner do you use? Please get a liquid test kit.

Can the fish swim at all right now! If not, do you have a container you could put it in? Rinse the container really really well.

Just had hubby watch the vid. Does it look bloated to y’all?

10. OP
    OP
    Omar Bouzid

I feed them at 12:00 pm everyday i skip 2 days a week.... When its time, food time they all come and swim in the top i think thats a good thing...
    And i use "baclean" from time to time as conditioner...

I bought it like this 10 months ago.. He is not bloated

11. Lagertha

You NEED to be using water conditioner every time you do a water change! Not from “time to time.” Tap water is toxic to fish my friend.

You bought what like this? The fish?

If you’re dipping your filter in cold untreated water then you’re constantly killing off your good bacteria and you’re probably (definitely) spiking up ammonia considerably as goldfish are very messy fish.

You also need to be doing 50-60% water changes twice weekly with such high waste producing fish.

Steps:

Big water changes of 50-60% TWICE weekly.

Use conditioned water EVERY TIME you do a water change.

Get a test kit to test your water.

Get a thermometer.

Stop adding cold water to the tank like that, fish need a constant temperature. Big fluctuations can kill them. If the water is higher than goldfish recommendation put a fan close to the tank to blow cold air over it.

12. OP
    OP
    Omar Bouzid

Thank you for the help ^^

Yes i bought the fish like this... Right now she is playing around and eating I think she is back to normal thanks everyone for the info and the help ^^

13. Lagertha

Please follow the steps everyone has given you and don’t ignore this.

14. OP
    OP
    Omar Bouzid

I will thank you so much

Advertisement