I feel like an idiot. Please ID this snail!

Marlene327

I can't remember where I got this snail, or how long ago (not recently) but I have a lot of Mystery Snails. This was at the front by the glass and it hit me, it doesn't look like my others! Is this a Ramshorn?? The swirl is on the side, not the back. Maybe it came on a plant and grew up under my eyes?

Attachments

• 20210425_111620.jpg
    20210425_111620.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 30

jpaquatics

It’s a mystery, definitely not a ramshorn

Upvote 0

richiep

Looks like a mystery to me as well

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

100% mystery snail

Upvote 0

Rhyu

Looks like a mystery to me too. They can tilt their shell a bit to get through areas, watch and see if it shifts it back.

Upvote 0

Tetraman124

I think you get it at this point but it’s a mystery snail

Upvote 0

Marlene327

LOL Okay I still feel like an idiot! Rhyu, when it got to the top, I picked it out for a look, and that shell didn't move. Guess I'll have to examine all my mysteries (like 50-60 young ones in 1 tank, too!) but everything I see has the swirl on the backside. This could even be one I raised from eggs too, I don't remember. I swear I saw him breeding with a magenta, but it could've been a different one. I saved 2 small clutches just for the magenta color. If it was this guy, it will be interesting to see where their swirls are!

Thank you ALL of you!
I was looking at a color chart, and BAM - there's a lot that look like mine. Wish I'd looked sooner!

mystery snail color chart - Yahoo Image Search Results

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
JakeXP
  • Question
Replies
Views
IzabelB
Replies