I feel bad for them :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by monkeypie102, Dec 14, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Went to petsmart, hoping to find cube beef heart but found frozen plankton instead, decided to buy some Rosy Red Minnows and crickets for the carnivorous reptiles I have... heard a woman asking for 2 Common Plecos and a couple of those white and black fish (Dalmatian Mollies) the lady said she had a sudden algae bloom after her last pleco died. so I delicately inserted myself into the conversation and asked what size tank she had... she had a 20g... so I told her the plecos will grow big and fast and need atleast 100g tank to be happy... she said her last pleco of 3 years only grew *pull her hands out about 8 inches apart* I am betting it was stunted and died for that reason... or the fact her next question to the employee was do I really need to buy those *she pointed to the "fun facts" board saying plecos need algae wafers as a supplement to their diet* or can I just feed them the tropical fish flakes... the employee just said that fine... I was PO'ed at this point and said Actually they do need those once the algae in your tank is cleared up... then I looked at her and said if your algae eaters die next time i would recommended getting a group of Otos as they stay small and will only ever eat algae and fresh veggies (if tempted) that woman ignored me so I left with my feeders and talked to the cashier and asked the one question that has been bugging me... "are you hiring?" to my joy she said we should be!!!! I already have 1 part time job... If I can get one at petsmart I will quit it and put my full effort into hitting people that don't take my advice and go to fishlore -_- (not really but I am sure you know what I mean)

as a side note she said she had a group of albino cories in that tank as well...

okay rant over just needed to vent that before I go to work... I will be applying for petsmart when I get home...

2. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

My petsmart is thankfully half-decent....

3. r

riptide904 Valued Member Member

I know what you mean. Last time I overheard a lady asking about buying two 7 inch goldfish for a ten gallon tank and the salesperson told her it would be perfectly okay. I literally wanted to hit her on the head for being crazy. I want a job at a place like that just so I can stop dumb people from giving advice to customers. :mad:

4. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

See most of the employees are smart and will tell you... the two working today I think are new as I have never seen them before :/...

And that's mostly why I want that job to educate people with what i know and what i don't I shall teach them the power of fishlore!!!

5. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

See most of the employees are smart and will tell you... the two working today I think are new as I have never seen them before :/...

And that's mostly why I want that job to educate people with what i know and what i don't I shall teach them the power of fishlore!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice